Today I got: Comics thread!

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I thought it might be time to decide what new title, that is being released in trade, to add to my list.

Currently I am collecting:

Scalped
The Boys
Northlanders
Conan
Invincible
The Walking Dead
Chew

With the finale of Buffy (for now), Ex Machina, Star Wars Legacy and soon to be Streets of Gotham & Astounding Wolf-manI am thinking of adding a few new titles to my list.

The contenders on my short list:

Secret Six
Morning Glories
Sweet Tooth

I definitely want Secret Six, I pretty much love everything Simone writes and the only thing stopping me from picking up her entire Secret Six run in trade is that vol 1 is currently out of print and I don't know if they'll restock it or not.

I've heard fantastic things about Morning Glories and not much about Sweet Tooth. If'n you guys could tell me a little more about Morning Glories & Sweet Tooth I'd appreciate it.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Did you check Amazon for Secret Six vol 1? That's where my girlfriend got all of hers. She bought the Villains United, SS mini series, and then Vol 1 & 2 at the same time, and has gotten the rest as they came out. You might find a used copy on there if possible.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I didn't buy into the hype surrounding Morning Glories. Read the first 2 issues, thought it was ok but this isn't the second coming of Jesus H. Christ as some would make us believe.

I'm collecting Sweet Tooth in trades. The first volume was quite good. The art is maybe an acquired taste so I would suggest you give it browse before buying it.

Also, don't forget that Hitman will soon reach volumes that were not published before.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I will second the hype being larger than the quality of morning glories.

You have other titles on there far better than it.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I have gotten all issues of Hickmans FF run except for 583 and 584. Finding first printings is probably going to be a bitch as my usual online places are sold out and all my local stores.

Oh well, may just have to wait a month.

Arn, did you pick up Ratcatcher by Diggle & Jock?

XIII

Post by XIII »

Ratcatcher is indeed by Diggle but art is not provided by Jock.
I have not gotten it yet. I'll get it next time I do an online order.

I'll take a look at my comics shop today if they have any FF issues left. Highly doubt it, but who knows...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Ive found the occasional issue here or there, if you look, and they have the first print of 583 or 584 Ill pay you back for it and the shipping cost.

Went to a store today, they still have 10 or 15 copies of 587 surprisingly.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Tragic Angelus wrote:Did you check Amazon for Secret Six vol 1? That's where my girlfriend got all of hers. She bought the Villains United, SS mini series, and then Vol 1 & 2 at the same time, and has gotten the rest as they came out. You might find a used copy on there if possible.
Yes, I checked amazon first, that's were I usually go first to check out a trade and it was listed as out of stock. It's a fairly popular series so I *think* they'll most likely reprint it. If they do, then I'll pick them all up.
wolf_2099 wrote:I will second the hype being larger than the quality of morning glories.

You have other titles on there far better than it.
Seems like a decision has been made. Looks like I'll be adding Secret Six & Sweet Tooth. I don't mind the art on Sweet Tooth being an acquired taste as long as the story is intelligently written and enjoyable.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Sorry, no luck to find the FF issues at my comics shop... :(

Not surprised at all that shops are left with multiple copies of FF 587. They'll probably end up in the quarter bin within the year.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

See, ours were basically sold out here on the early release day. He had 3 copies left, all of his subscribers still had theirs that hadn't come in yet, and he had 5 'emergency' copies left in case he forgot someone who was supposed to get it. I haven't been in since last Tuesday, so I don't know if he used them all or not yet, but he'd doubled his order from normal and basically sold it all out, so I'd say it did well for the shop here.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Out of the dozen shops I went to, only 1 had issues of 587 left, every other store sold out day of release (which most just did on Wednesday) instead of Tuesday.

The one that had them left order hundreds of copies, and only had 12 left yesterday, all gone today.

Luckily, got a call today that a store had 2 issues of the ones I was looking for from a dudes files, who had them already.

Completed my Hickman run of FF for cover price on every issue the week after the detah issue release, weeeeee.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Powers vol 4 HC

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

League of Extraordinary Gentleman Vol 1 5 Recalled Marvel Douche - CGC Graded 9.2

XIII

Post by XIII »

Oh! Nice!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Fantastic Four 249, 250 for $1 a piece. The FF fights Gladiator, a story I've always wanted to read.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Luthor HC by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo courtesy of our Resident Comic Database XIII. Thank you for this!

XIII

Post by XIII »

Gotham Noir by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips, courtesy of Mr. Sohail, New Yorker extraordinaire!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Wrong thread.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Bought a comic that for the first time I am considering just turning around and re-selling.
I found a guy selling 2 copies of Chew #1 for $60 each, I bought both, and might try and sell the second for $150 or $175 to recoup my costs, while keeping one for myself.

I have a set of Chew 1-12 that I am going to read, I tried the first couple issues and did not like it, but I want to give it another go since the love for it is still going strong.

Also, NY4 and Rat Catcher.

XIII

Post by XIII »

NY4!!! Very nice!!!