VERSUS!

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Captain Jack

VERSUS!

Post by Captain Jack »

This is a pretty common topic for me and my coworkers. These don't need to be fights to the death, only one party incapacitating the other in a manner that would render them harmless.

As you will see, these fights are not just limited to comics. We got in a pretty heated debate over Mary Poppins vs. Pippi Longstocking, so be prepared for some of these to get ridiculous.

First Up!
WHO WINS?

VS

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Hands down, Spidey won't survive. His webbing is good, but a lightsaber easily cuts through webbing. All Luke has to do is throw his lightsaber at Spidey and Spidey is out of the picture.

And if this Grand Master Luke (from the New Jedi Order and above era) then Spidey is unconscious before he can even think about attacking Luke. Heck, Luke fucking took out a big ass AT-AT with just a crush of his hand!

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

Nope, this is Luke in Jedi. I disagree, by the way. What does Luke have that Spidey hasn't faced before? Luke gets knocked out after about fifteen seconds, and Spidey has Reed Richards find a way to send him home.

Oh, and also?
All Luke has to do is throw his lightsaber at Spidey and Spidey is out of the picture.
Spider-Sense, plus the fact the man can routinely dodge bullets. Spidey closes the gap, knocks Luke on his butt.

Oh, but I'm not arguing with you as far as the Grand Master Luke goes.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I don't know, I'm still leaning towards Luke. He had turned pretty badass during RotJ. I figure he'll be able to get a semi-Jedi Mind Trick off on Spidey which will be just enough time to use the distraction to take him down. Or do like Vader did during ESB and start throwing mass shit at Spidey, which really throws his Spidey-sense out of whack and allows him to deliver the coup de grace. Spidey wouldn't be using his powers to the full extent, so any hit he gives Luke will only focus Luke even more. Maybe even let him delve into his rage like Palps made him do at the end of RotJ...

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

I was thinking Luke hands down, but Jack makes a good point. What does Luke have that Spidey hasn't faced? Throwing boxes at him and shit? Common, he dodges pumpkin bombs and mechanical arms in his sleep. I think he can avoid some boxes dangling on strings (damn 80's special effects). Plus, at this stage of his power, Luke has to concentrate pretty hard when trying to use stronger force powers (as in mind tricks, lifting large objects, etc). Spidey's too damn fast. The moment he pauses to concentrate, he's all over him with webs, punches, kicks, and a few quips ta boot. Oh, and at this stage Luke can only use the mind tricks on weak minded individuals. Spidey ain't falling for it.

Its close, but I think I give it to Spider-Man.
YA BETTA ASK SOMEBODDDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

He didn't need to concentrate on JMTs, just watch how easily he did it to the Gamorrean Guard. Just a simple wave of his finger and it followed his lead. He'd have trouble throwing around large shit like Vader did, but a bunch of pebbles to knock of Spidey's sense would easily be able to catch him off guard....

MGM

Post by MGM »

Spidey hands down. Luke couldn't control people in RotJ (dunno if he can now) and Spidey's tangled with enough telekinetics or shit-throwing people. That, and his Spider-sense, would be enough to take on Luke.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I think if it wasn't ROTJ Luke then Spidey would be beaten. To be fair, practically any modern interpretation of the Jedi/Sith after the recent video game releases can wipe the floor with most people, but I guess we can safely argue that ROTJ Luke isn't that Jedi.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

IrishCream wrote:I was thinking Luke hands down, but Jack makes a good point. What does Luke have that Spidey hasn't faced? Throwing boxes at him and shit? Common, he dodges pumpkin bombs and mechanical arms in his sleep. I think he can avoid some boxes dangling on strings (damn 80's special effects). Plus, at this stage of his power, Luke has to concentrate pretty hard when trying to use stronger force powers (as in mind tricks, lifting large objects, etc). Spidey's too damn fast. The moment he pauses to concentrate, he's all over him with webs, punches, kicks, and a few quips ta boot. Oh, and at this stage Luke can only use the mind tricks on weak minded individuals. Spidey ain't falling for it.

Its close, but I think I give it to Spider-Man.
It doesn't sound very close to me. It sounds like Spidey would beat the crap out of him.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

I wanna know who'd win if Justin Long and Shia LaBeouf went at it. ^_^
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

ROUND 2

WHO WINS?

VS

MGM

Post by MGM »

It depends wether Hulk is ON the Death Star or not. If not, the Death Star. Otherwise Hulk will smash. Hard.

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

Um...how is this even possible?

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Hulk.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

IrishCream wrote:Um...how is this even possible?
With the power of your imagination. :rotate:

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Captain Jack wrote:With the power of your imagination. :rotate:
Round 3

Irish cream vs his imagination?

its a battle noone will win
:chewie:

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

CBKA wrote:Round 3

Irish cream vs his imagination?

its a battle noone will win
Include Irish Cream in anything and we all lose.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Hulk

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

wolf_2099 wrote:Include Irish Cream in anything and we all lose.
I'd win...

no I wouldn't

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

WHICH OF THESE EPISODE IV CHARACTERS WOULD SCORE BETTER ON THE SATs?

VS

Also, I promise the next one of these will break from Star Wars match ups. ^_^