Action figures and toys

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Action figures and toys

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Do you guys buy Action figures and if so, do you remove them from the packaging or leave them in their packaging and display as is?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I do not, so therefore I do neither!
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I have a lot of the Marvel Universe 3 3/4" figures and I take them out of the case to display them. I haven't bought as many as I used to, but the next few waves have some I'd like. Too difficult to display them/have them out when they're still boxed since you have to basically pin them to a wall when instead I bought a cheap little bookcase and they all fit on that out of the box.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I only have one action figure. The Green Lantern New Frontier one. It was a gift from Mic?.

Sometimes at the shop, I find myself looking at all the Batman Black & White statues (they have the Darwyn Cooke one) but I never buy cause I wouldn't know what to do with it. Nowhere to display it properly. And Malorie will kill me if I start buying statues.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

wolf_2099 wrote:I do not, so therefore I do neither!
Heathen

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I haven't brought action figures in a long time but I picked up a couple of the re-released Batman the Animated series figures. When I was going to open them I found myself not wanting to.

It seems like there's a collector mentality ingrained in almost everything I do. I'm not looking to resell any of my AFs but on the other hand it's hard to bring myself to open them.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I really don't understand the whole "let's leave them in the box and hang it on a wall" thing.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Because you have no imagination

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

XIII wrote:I really don't understand the whole "let's leave them in the box and hang it on a wall" thing.
I guess you don't understand the joy of not playing with your toys and getting joy from looking at them instead. :)

XIII

Post by XIII »

I would understand unpacking them and putting them on display in an action pose but leaving them in their box is like having the shop in your room.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I hope you're not going to tell me that you actually read your comic books instead of putting them straight into plastic sleeves with cardboard backs and sealing them with tape?

XIII

Post by XIII »

:lipsrsealed2:

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

You guys are obviously not *real* fans

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I buy them occasionally with the intent of opening them up and playing with them but they usually end up staying in the package. Only time I specifically not open them is if it's a rare/variant that I know I can resell at a later point.