Astounding Wolf-Man To End

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Astounding Wolf-Man To End

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

It appears Robert Kirkman's Astounding Wolf-Man is going end with issue 25. This is hugely disappointing because Wolf-Man was another solid and entertaining read.

Of all my comics and trade paperbacks, Kirkman's are always at the top of my list. I look forward to Kirkman's books the most and I read them immediately when they come out (except for the latest book of TWD -I have been swamped with work the last several weeks); they are just that entertaining so hearing that Wolf-Man is ending is a real bummer.

However, I hope Kirkman doesn't just tack on an ending to Wolf-Man and finish it off. I hope Kirk leaves Wolf-Man open to the possibility of a new series that picks up exactly where this one ends.

:bigcry: for Kirkman

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Why is it ending?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

No reason has been given thus far but probably poor sales.

CC originally mentioned it to me and then I began listening to an interview Kirkman did with newsarama recently. The interview runs about 1 hour but I only listened to half of it because it had spoilers in it for TWD and some Invincible. Within the first 5 minutes of the interview, its mentioned that Wolf-Man will wrap up with issue #25

http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/v ... WB_kirkman

Sad, sad news.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I'm guessing low sales.

Wonder if he'll do something else with the time gained, or is he doing something else?

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

To be fair, CountD told me about it then I passed on the news to Wally.
I rather enjoyed the series and plan on picking up the remaining trades when they're released. Sucks to lose a title when there are so few new releases I pick up.
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I was wondering if it was poor sales, or Kirkman being too busy to write 3 monthly series.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Or maybe even just running out of ideas for it.

MGM

Post by MGM »

To be fair, Wolf-Man is the title that has the least sparkle among his monthlies.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:To be fair, Wolf-Man is the title that has the least sparkle among his monthlies.
That is true, but Invincible took a while to take off, so did Walking Dead. Wolf-Man took a lot longer than the other, though.