Bleach

Where otaku get their groove on.

Moderators: The French Biscuit, Tyran-ne

The French Biscuit

Bleach

Post by The French Biscuit »

Still awesome.

Even the new filler arch (starting around ep. 205-06) doesn't look all that bad except for a total lack of Renji. :(
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Python

Post by Python »

I want to start watching Bleach, but it is daunting to have so many episodes.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

lol, I just started One Piece like 3 weeks ago. Almost 400 episodes. Just look at is as a good thing, because really, it is.

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

btw the last Bleach I watched, there were Vampire Soulless or whatever.. Any idea which episodes those were? Cuz I wanna start watching again...

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

Python wrote:I want to start watching Bleach, but it is daunting to have so many episodes.
I know! So many of my friends watch Bleach avidly and get on my butt to watch 'em all.
Meanwhile I haven't even watched the whole first season.
It is hard to start knowing you have a couple hundred to catch up on.
Stupid filler episodes...

The French Biscuit

William McDert wrote:btw the last Bleach I watched, there were Vampire Soulless or whatever.. Any idea which episodes those were? Cuz I wanna start watching again...
Uhh...let me check my stash

<---has every subbed episode of Bleach and all the movies, OMV's thus far

The Bounto (or Bound) arc starts around episode 64 and continues until episode 110 which starts the Arrancar arc

The Arrancar arc is ongoing, but has been interrupted by the Princess Lurichiyo (sp?) arc and now the 100 years ago in Soul Society Arc.

My nerd level is over 9000!!
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

weird, i thought it was well into 150. cool beans though, i should catch up in 4 years :)

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Jesus, who would have the time?

Oh right... all of you. :hehehm:

:freak:
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

ALL OF US.

It's pretty simple to make time really. Unless you are the Queen of Qorea which you ARE NOT

The French Biscuit

William McDert wrote:ALL OF US.

It's pretty simple to make time really. Unless you are the Queen of Qorea which you ARE NOT
ALL OF US

It is indeed.

Hatin' the annoying "Last time on Bleach" thing they seem to be doing at the beginning of each episode now. Especially when it takes up about 10 minutes of a close to 30 minute episode. :soapbox:
Biscuit AWAY!

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I have bought vol 1 of the manga recently. I was in one of our UK franchise-y bookstores which has a manga stand and saw it. This thread popped into my head, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I'll read it soon and then be in a good position to inform you whether or not you have taste. :D Ho, ho, ho, ho. Only kidding of course. ;) *hug* *hug* *hug*

Did not bother buying vol 1 of Naruto though. Something still bugs me about Narruto.

The French Biscuit

Stocky Boy wrote: I'll read it soon and then be in a good position to inform you whether or not you have taste. :D Ho, ho, ho, ho. Only kidding of course. ;) *hug* *hug* *hug*

Did not bother buying vol 1 of Naruto though. Something still bugs me about Narruto.
Ho ho, who's a funny Brit? :hehehm:

Yeah, I've fallen out with Naruto. :e2bummed:
Biscuit AWAY!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Naruto is creepy. I think it's the weird cat dude. It's Japanese cat girls. Cat GIRLS!!
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Yeah, actually, kow tht I come to think about it, the main character with the cat whisker scar things is part of the reason I couldn't be bothered to watch Naruto. He looks too weird to be a lead character who I want o route for. Whiskers plus 80s-like shell suit don't make for a good lead character's look.

The French Biscuit

Naruto did have a decent personality though, I liked how he always kept trying and didn't let things get him down. Kakashi-sensei is and shall always be tres cool. :D

Haven't you formed an opinion of Bleach yet? :(
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

It is a little known fact that Naruto characters actually like Bleach more than Naruto.
Evidence:
Biscuit AWAY!

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I've read volume 1 of Bleach now!

It was quite entertaining. Two souls can be left over in the mortal relam and it's up to soul reapers to send both on their ways. The good ghosts and the bad ghosts. Quite fun exploring the details of how things work. I get the feeling I'd enjoy this more if I was watching it rathe than reading it.
Quite liked it, but I don't think I'll pursue it due to money and simply that it didn't grab my interest quite in the same strong way that One Piece and Death Note have.

Python

Post by Python »

Okay, I'm now on episode 42 of Bleach. They've been in the process of trying to rescue Rukia for the past twenty episodes. -_-

It is slow going but still good. The 1v1 battles are pretty nice (in particular Ichigo's), but I'm yelling at them to work together half the time (I'm carebear-staring at you Inoue and Ishida!).

The series has the typical "Sit there and listen to me while I describe the history of my prized technique and how it is unstoppable!" anime phenomenon, which is at least funny, if not annoying.
The French Biscuit wrote: Hatin' the annoying "Last time on Bleach" thing they seem to be doing at the beginning of each episode now. Especially when it takes up about 10 minutes of a close to 30 minute episode. :soapbox:
I hate that, too.

Another thing that I just don't get (Which Saiyuki did, too) is that the Soul Society is supposed to be a spirit world, right? So why do people still need to eat/sleep/make money and they bleed when they're cut, grow up/old, etc? What's the point of making it a spirit world if it's exactly like the normal world?

Overall, it's a good series so far. Chad, Ichigo and Rukia are by far my favorite characters.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

Python

Post by Python »

Ok, I've made it past the story arc where they are attempting to rescue Rukia.

Is this next story arc very long? I am finding it extraordinarily tiring to watch and would like to skip it.

The French Biscuit

Python wrote:Ok, I've made it past the story arc where they are attempting to rescue Rukia.

Is this next story arc very long? I am finding it extraordinarily tiring to watch and would like to skip it.
You mean the Bounto arc? Yeah, it's a bit of a drag but I think it's fairly short.

If you think that arc is a drag, you're best to skip the Princess Lourichiyo (sp?) arc that pops up later on. *shudders*

The Zanpakutou arc thats on (well, if you're downloading fan-subs like I am) is actually pretty decent. :D
Biscuit AWAY!