Tales of Captain Jack

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

Is your little bro stilll playing WoW and do you feel bad that we got him addicted? And do you ever miss fishing with your boy Heatwave?

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

He quit a while back, I think, since he lost his job and couldn't afford it. He's been playing free MMORPGs, though, so he still has the gaming addiction.

Yeah, I miss the days of us cruising around durotaur shouting randomly at passers by. Plus, the eight million WC runs so I could make some gold selling deviant fish. I wish I could still afford to play. ^_^

Right now, I keep getting jammed on my financial aid for school. Since my mother was unemployed and my stepdad is a tax protester, it makes it a bit difficult for me to get my applications processed. My first term may have to come out of pocket, which sucks.

Luckily, the summer term switches over to a new year, and my app is fine for that one. It's pretty annoying, still.

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

Ahaha! I have an avatar now!

Tomorrow I have to go up to school for my parking pass, Student ID, Book lists, and hopefully finish these financial aid applications.

Now I plan on playing video games and sleeping the rest of the night. Life, is good. :snoopy:

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Yay school! Hope it isn't the hell for you that it was for me! :(
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

Captain Jack wrote:Ahaha! I have an avatar now!
SWEET!
Captain Jack wrote:Tomorrow I have to go up to school for my parking pass, Student ID, Book lists, and hopefully finish these financial aid applications.

Now I plan on playing video games and sleeping the rest of the night. Life, is good. :snoopy:
Sweet!

Wow. I don't add much to a conversation. ^_^

CountD

Post by CountD »

Nice to see you back, cap'n.

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

CountD wrote:Nice to see you back, cap'n.
Thanks!

Today I was informed by the school that since my stepfather is a federal income tax protester (take note Shadowman), that I am undable to recieve Financial Aid this term since he does not file a tax return. Boooo.

On the plus side, I found out paying tuition late means nothing more than a forty dollar fee and that I cannot register for the next term until it is paid off in full. This was a big relief, as it means that I don't have to come up with 1100 dollars before the middle of April; I'll be able to pay it off after a few weeks, so no problem, save for being out some cash.

In related news, I just shelled out 200 bucks for three 'customized' textbooks. These appear to be little more than regular textbooks with the school's logo on the cover. I could get the same thing at the bookstore I work at for a quarter of the price, but apparently these customized textbooks are required. I am able to get my computer books through another store, so I already have one on my stash at work.

I also picked up the last three Y: The Last Man trades today with the gift certificate Chris got me for my birthday. Now, I'm off to Wal-Mart to use my government coupon to buy a digital converter box, as well as some school supplies.

In short, today I'm throwing money in every possible direction, so if you pick a spot and wait long enough, I'm sure I'll end up paying you, too. :gonk:

Also! I started a weekly writing exercise in the creative cafe. Check it out here.

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Yay, yer usin' my smilies!

Customized textbooks... I would have held off to see why they were oh so necessary. If they don't have a code for a website that you MUST use to pass the class, I would have told them to fuck themselves.

I once paid $3 for the OLD version of a textbook. The new version was $120. I think this resulted in me missing one answer on a quiz one time. Worth it!!
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Customized textbooks suck so much. Raymond Walters had us get a customized textbook for General Chemistry I and it cost like $80 or so, definitely not worth it.

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

Captain Jack wrote:My new addiction: http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/ :fuckyou:
YAY!

They're out of order though...
Trouble at Hogwarts just has to be watched last! ^_^
bother!

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

Here's a pick my friend drew of me when we were on lunch at work. I look rather angry in it, I think. O.o
Attachments
jackcaricature.jpg
Join in on The Creative Cafe Theme Night!

Send me a PM to suggest a theme!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

o.O

MGM

Post by MGM »

LOL, yes, you do look angry.

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

On an unrelated note...does this friend of yours dislike you?

You've looked better. ;)

Still, that's a lotta picture for a little time. ^_^

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

Tyran-ne wrote:Still, that's a lotta picture for a little time. ^_^
Yeah, he's pretty good. I just wish he'd do more with it. :-/

On the plus side, after watching Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, I have been melting my brain with a lot of power metal. My play list is nothing but Dio, Scorpions, Blind Guardian, Rainbow, Hammerfall, Manowar, etc, etc. It's a pretty informative documentary, and has a crazy chart that shows the origins of the different metal genres.

I'm *fairly* certain it's the only music I'll ever need to listen to anymore. EVER. :e2headbang:

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

My car was broken into today. SUPER AGGRAVATION, GO!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Ugh, that's never fun! What'd they take?

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

WHAAA-AAA-AA-AAAAT?

That sucks! And what do you mean "again"? :mad:

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

After looking around, it looks like they took a knife that my friend Chuck gave me for my birthday.

Just finished my first week of school. It's been pretty good so far, I go in the mornings, have about two to three hours after school to go home and relax before I go into work.

My algebra class has been pretty easy so far, they're just reviewing basic math. My computer class has everything project listed in the syllabus, so it's pretty easy to get ahead of work. My English class involves a lot of writing, which is good, as I would like to get back into the habit so that I won't struggle so much when I go to do short stories.

Next months will be tight because I have tuition due, but so far everything seems to be working out okay.