Cleanup on Isle X?

If it's broke, bitch about it here.

Moderator: StoneTable

A cleaner, more gentler BX or keep to your roots?

Keep it dirty, the way the old BX was. Long live the JDC!
56%
Keep it dirty, the way the old BX was. Long live the JDC!
44%

Total votes: 16

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

Remember when Sweet Mel posted her tits?

I still have vomit stains on my lips from that.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

http://thor1975.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=what&num=1057362277&start=0

lol, i reckon you lot willwant to see mels post of "I HATE BOARD X!

I HATE BOARD X!

I HATE BOARD X!

I HATE BOARD X!

I HATE BOARD X!

AND I HATE BOARD X!"

and it appears i got the link to BX off this board and not MSD
:chewie:

CountD

Post by CountD »

'they are also backstabbers' lol....ISSUES.....:rolleyes:

CountD

Post by CountD »

that is not a proper rolleyes smilie

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

"Board X is a lot like your board Adam.

There are a bunch of assholes who could care less about hurting another person's feelings. They are also back stabbers.

There were only 4 people I liked on Board X, 5 including myself and there are about 50 people who post on that board.

I liked Thor. That's obvious. I liked Nikki, I liked Abby, I liked Biscut, and I liked Python. There were two others who really didn't post on the board who I liked too.

No one kept in contact with me when I left though, except for Thor. Thor likes to flirt with Nikki and Biscut. He was going to call Biscut. That's how Thor and I started out, so I wasn't too happy with that idea. But oh well. That was in the pass.

I just thought I would share that little story with everyone.

No one is keeping in contact with me from your board either. Except for you through this board.

Oh and God knows how many other women on Board X flirts with. lol You can let me know if you ever happen to go check it out.

Just so you know I don't have a problem with flirting. I guess you could say I just flirted with Cap in another post. However, if Thor ever takes it further than flirting I'll kill him over in Holland so I get a less jail sentence. lol "

It's Biscuit, BISCUIT!! :cuss:

I remember Thor, surprised he was actually going to call me. :lipsrsealed2:
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

CBKA wrote:http://thor1975.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=what&num=1057362277&start=0

lol, i reckon you lot willwant to see mels post of "I HATE BOARD X!

I HATE BOARD X!

I HATE BOARD X!

I HATE BOARD X!

I HATE BOARD X!

AND I HATE BOARD X!"

and it appears i got the link to BX off this board and not MSD
.... it says she is a mod. :lipsrsealed2:

I think I've seen this link before, but it still blows my mind to see people talking about BX somewhere that isn't BX. It's just a tiny little semi-private messageboard, seriously who gives a shit? Even on the board, all these massive WALLS OF TEXT people are writing about stuff just... wow. Wow, you guys!

I haven't noticed much vulgarity around on this board, not that my post count is as high as SOME PEOPLE lol. I voted for "raunchy" but what I'm actually voting for is "no weird bureaucracy shit". All these threads about something that as far as I can tell hasn't even been an issue are a total wtf, especially after coming back from several days in real life.

There are definitely things that have made me uncomfortable about this board from the start, but I guess my thinking is that if anyone doesn't like it then they shouldn't bother complaining about it, just put the effort in and make their own board.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Fasheem wrote: There are definitely things that have made me uncomfortable about this board from the start, but I guess my thinking is that if anyone doesn't like it then they shouldn't bother complaining about it, just put the effort in and make their own board.
If there's something uncool, hinky or wtf about this new place, it's okay to express your concerns. Everyone's pitched in with suggestions and the ones that are doable are followed up on. You've been here as long as anyone and what you say does assuredly matter. I'm not really the one making a lot of the decisions for this place, StoneTable's just plugging away at the computer stuff.

I wish we had a clear cut leader, you know? Someone we couldn't really argue with or second guess too much. There's so much history and water under the bridge here, I doubt it's possible to find the right person for the job. :(

And I totally get what you said about people making their own boards. I'd be surprised if there aren't more spin-offs of the original BX floating around in a week or a month.
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

look I say clean it up. I mean yeah we are all friends here but there is no room for groth anymore with the old place. we get a bunch of old posters who come back and look around for awhile then leave again, and this goes on and off for YEARS. we need more staying power and more new posters.

if you want keep the filth down to one thread or one catagory so you can get in touch with your inner JDC but keep it civil and respectful everywhere else

StoneTable

Post by StoneTable »

Sandman wrote:look I say clean it up. I mean yeah we are all friends here but there is no room for groth anymore with the old place. we get a bunch of old posters who come back and look around for awhile then leave again, and this goes on and off for YEARS. we need more staying power and more new posters.

if you want keep the filth down to one thread or one catagory so you can get in touch with your inner JDC but keep it civil and respectful everywhere else
What about labeling the Playboy thread as "Not Work Safe" and letting the raunch run wild there? I mean, it doesn't resolve the issue of sigs and avatars, but if people want to get down and dirty, at least it's easily avoided by the people who want to steer clear of it.
“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.â€￾ - Nikola Tesla

:toetap: You're a real asshole when you're drunk, Superman.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I don't care about "growth".

Yeah loads of history. Ancient history, really. The walls of text are really bringing it back, actually. Like remember how when we tried to elect an admin, SOMEONE was going around and emailing people who hadn't posted in years and didn't care just so they could come back to vote against SOMEONE ELSE? :laugh4:
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

ChimeraCreative

Fasheem wrote:I don't care about "growth".

Yeah loads of history. Ancient history, really. The walls of text are really bringing it back, actually. Like remember how when we tried to elect an admin, SOMEONE was going around and emailing people who hadn't posted in years and didn't care just so they could come back to vote against SOMEONE ELSE? :laugh4:
You're right, lots of ancient history and some folks just don't trust each other. If this place gets weird, please be the first to put it in the Office or Suggestion Box. I don't know if BX can survive another change of address. >.<

EDIT: I know I'll take some heat cuz Stone's admining the board and I might be a bias influence or whatever. I can promise to be cool beans and hands off, doesn't mean anyone will believe me though. Despite what anyone thinks of me, Stone's a really stand up guy with lots of message board experience.

EDITEDIT: Now I feel all weirded out. :sweatdrop:

ChimeraCreative

Fasheem wrote:especially after coming back from several days in real life.
Gawd, I miss real life. :banghead:

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

ChimeraCreative wrote:You're right, lots of ancient history and some folks just don't trust each other. If this place gets weird, please be the first to put it in the Office or Suggestion Box. I don't know if BX can survive another change of address. >.<

EDIT: I know I'll take some heat cuz Stone's admining the board and I might be a bias influence or whatever. I can promise to be cool beans and hands off, doesn't mean anyone will believe me though. Despite what anyone thinks of me, Stone's a really stand up guy with lots of message board experience.

EDITEDIT: Now I feel all weirded out. :sweatdrop:
So I see that everyone has been made a mod except me. You're the one that's weirded out?

ChimeraCreative

Adam can flip on moderator status for someone without them having to be in charge of a particular board. And to be fair, everyone was asked to volunteer to moderate any board they wanted. Is there a forum or forums you'd like to mod? I don't mod any forums, I'm too dumb with kompooterz. ^_^

EDIT: Actually, a lot of people weren't moderator status, like Stocky, D, Python, etc. Since we're all friends I think we'd all agree we should all get a boost. I feel bad for any poor new sucker that shows up now, it'll take he/she years to get into the groove.:grouphug:

StoneTable

Post by StoneTable »

Fasheem wrote:So I see that everyone has been made a mod except me. You're the one that's weirded out?
Getting this board setup, including assigning moderators, is still a work in progress. I went through tonight and setup some moderators based on who volunteered and who I could see had been one on the old board.

If you, or anyone else, wants to mod one of the forums ya gotta step up and let me know.
“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.â€￾ - Nikola Tesla

:toetap: You're a real asshole when you're drunk, Superman.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I know it's fucked up to get paranoid over stuff that happened 7-8 years ago but.... paranoid I am. Where's my tin hat smilie? OMIGOD IT ISN'T HERE AAAAAAAAH.

:chewie: :banana2: :chewie:

ChimeraCreative

There's a famous quote, gawd knows who started it... "If you're not paranoid, you're not paying enough attention", or something to that effect. Come to think of it, it might have been ShadowMan that coined the phrase, lol.

We need to get a boombox smilie to rock out in that post. Obviously, there are still buttloads of smilies to add. It'll be Cam's worst nightmare.

PS - Do most of the smilies work well on the light background? Some don't favour well with the dark background. Batman looks like a chin and slits where eyes should be.:batman:

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I just wanted to post my thoughts and opinions on the whole thing.

I’ve said I’d like to try and get the filth to PHYIST, to help try and promote comic and movie conversation in there forums, instead of it degrading to ass and dick jokes. It seems everyone agrees, and was somewhat of a moot point to begin with, so that was much arguing over nothing.

Also, for the JDC stuff. My original point on the JDC sigs wasn’t to get rid of them specially, and I didn’t even start it. It was just that sigs were unneeded, with our profile pic on top of the posts, and is really just more unnecessary scrolling. It is more of a trying to keep things uncluttered than the content. I do however agree that having the images cleaned up a bit in our avatars, and having sigs gone is a good thing, so we can all access the boards freely wherever, which I think is a fair thing to ask of the group.
Especially since many of us now have moved on to working office jobs.

Being one of the youngest on the board there is no way I could have been the only one finding the level of humour on the old board somewhat lacking, it just gets a tad old. I’m not even saying do away with the toilet humour, just try and take it up a few notches to something that is actually funny.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

ChimeraCreative wrote:There's a famous quote, gawd knows who started it... "If you're not paranoid, you're not paying enough attention", or something to that effect. Come to think of it, it might have been ShadowMan that coined the phrase, lol.
Isn't it " even though your paranoid, it doesn't mean there not out to get you"?
:chewie:

CountD

Post by CountD »

I have to say if someone like Thor every seriously tried to stalk someone on this board, I would have to get my friend who works in the gov't to bust him the moment he stepped on US soil.

I'm protective of the bx-femmes. I know it is lame and brotherly, but I am old.

This offer excludes Canada, sorry ladies. It's up to Wulf protect you; he's pretty big. lol