European football season 2008/2009

Throw a riot and beat each other senseless over your favorite team! New and improved!

Moderators: Sandman, IrishCream

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

gerrards only fit enough for the bench :(

Ive got a feeling that this is going to be one hell of a defencive display :(
:chewie:

MGM

Post by MGM »

It was a terrible match to watch, yeah. What, two chances in 90 minutes? And that was terrible defending by Real, BTW. Of course, I'm not minding it.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Yeah i can see what you mean, if i wasn't a liverpool fan i probably would have fallen asleep.

Surprisingly though i think most of the criticism should be aimed at real. They were home and never really threatened. Liverpool clearly had a plan and stuck to it. All in all a good result :D

MGM

Post by MGM »

Raul was terrible. I understand he's an icon and all, but at a certain time you have to realise when a player has too much power. He's still there because he's Raul, not because he's the best for the spot.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Isn't he near the top if not top of the european golden boot?

Sure he was extremely poor tonight but i thought Higuain was just as poor. I think Benetez deserves alot of credit for Liverpools positioning and teamwork which i beleive was the main reason they looked so bad.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Hey, we did 1-1 home against Barça, not so bad.
Wonderful free-kick again by Juninho, you guys should check it out. We should have scored a couple more in the first half as we were all over them.
Fucking Thierry Henry better score the same kind of goal with the national team. :mad:

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Going to the neucamp needing to score isn't ideal though.

I suppose there not the best defensively though and if juninho can score another one of them :eek: theres always a chance

MGM

Post by MGM »

XIII wrote:Hey, we did 1-1 home against Barça, not so bad.
Wonderful free-kick again by Juninho, you guys should check it out. We should have scored a couple more in the first half as we were all over them.
Fucking Thierry Henry better score the same kind of goal with the national team. :mad:
Reminds me of Van Hooijdonk in the UEFA 2002. Except that the keeper actually tried to stop the ball on that occasion. :D

MGM

Post by MGM »

Fuuuuuck!! Twente is out after penalties. :( Shit, penalties on the radio is intense!

I'm catching the highlights later.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Ajax defeated Fiorentina! I'd never expected that. Too bad Twente didn't make it, they would've run into each other in the next round.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Villa and tottenham are a fucking disgrace, putting out what is essentially a youth/reserve team is a joke and both should be banned from european competition by UEFA for next season

MGM

Post by MGM »

4-0! What a show! Even though the first two goals were unjustly given.

*checks other scores*

HOLY SHIT, Sporting had nothing to bring, apparently. That's just sad.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

the second was never a penalty but the first was correctly given in my opinion.

exellent result but a very poor madrid side

XIII

Post by XIII »

5-2 for Barcelona and a red card for Juninho.
We were simply not in the same league as Barça. I'd call this a disgraceful performance.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Well, I'd say Barça played a formidable match and was just way better.

In other news: Dudek wants to come back to Feyenoord. I'm not sure what to think of that.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Dammit, after Twente Ajax loses from Marseille. AGAIN unjust. And Ben Arfa is a fuck, what he did there in the last minute was just too stupid.

In other bad news: Thomasson is again injured. :(

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

deja-vu

MGM

Post by MGM »

Villareal - Arsenal
Manchester United - Porto
Liverpool - Chelsea
Barcelona - Bayern München

I dare not to predict Liverpool - Chelsea. If Liverpool would have the away match first, I'd put my money on Liverpool. I still think they're going to take it, but home first (which is always more chess than football) and then away with Hiddink doing his macig for Chelsea... I dunno.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I want to see Barça - Munich. This is going to be some football!!!

MGM

Post by MGM »

I'm hoping. I'm hoping on a wise decision by the national coach (or whatever that term might be). Due to some absurd error, Sneijder has been playing the 10 position in the Dutch team for quite some while, leaving Van Persie to operate from the right flank. And while the current coach very correctly mentioned: Zidane was left wing on the paper as well, but didn't act like it. The difference is that Van Persie does act like it.

Now with Sneijder barely playing AND Van der Vaart barely playing, this leaves open possibilities: Van Persie on 10, the position where he is best, and Kuyt on the right wing.

I'm hoping.