Captain Marvel

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

MGM

Captain Marvel

Post by MGM »

First trailer is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8&

Kree! Skrulls!
Also, nothing much beyond that. Which is fine, I don't need to know the entire movie from just the trailers.

Tragic Angelus

Re: Captain Marvel

Post by Tragic Angelus »

And Jude Law!

Yeah it definitely looks good. I mean, Marvel has my money for every movie so far but I'm glad to finally see some clips from this one.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Oh yeah, I forgot about your man-crush.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I've been waiting on him to get a Marvel role. I just hate that it's one set in the past so we won't see him interact with the others most likely.

Still, I love how they brought in her new outfit in some many ways. I really like the forgotten identity aspect that seems to be part of her story.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I'm pleasantly surprised with Ronan. Lee Pace did a good job, and everyone from Halt and catch fire deserves every great role there is (one of the best shows from the past 5 years, go watch it).

MGM

Post by MGM »

Caught the movie yesterday. Perfectly enjoyable and servicable as an introduction movie. I had a good time watching it.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I may be in minority, but I put it bottom 3 with Iron Man 2 and Thor 2.

I thought it didn't have the same heart as other marvel movies, and the directing/writing weren't great.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I enjoyed it but must admit it took until she landed on Earth for me to be completely into it.

MGM

Post by MGM »

wolf_2099 wrote:I may be in minority, but I put it bottom 3 with Iron Man 2 and Thor 2.

I thought it didn't have the same heart as other marvel movies, and the directing/writing weren't great.
Oh, I enjoyed it, but if I'd have to rank it among Marvel films, it'd be near the bottom.
Iron Man 2, Thor 2, Avengers 2 and Guardians 2 were definitely not better. I'd probably tie it with Dr. Strange (with an edge to Cap).

I agree that directing and writing weren't that great, and it took it's time to really get into the groove (basically as Arn put it: when they get to Earth). Overall I definitely enjoyed myself and I suppose I don't really ask for more fro ma superhero movie about a superhero I don't really care for.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Personal opinion time!

I feel like the last few years we have had Captain Marvel crammed down our throats in the comics to prepare for this movie., despite fans not being all that warm to her. Her comic character has been mediocre at best.The current run is the first I have ever enjoyed, and that's all on the writer.

I think it's because Captain Marvel is the only solo female heavy hitter Marvel has ever really come up with,so they had no choice but to use her. Which is kind of depressing, they need more female characters.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Who's writing these days? I did like the run by Kelly Sue DeConnick.

Yes, it is depressing. But Marvel does have enough strong female characters in teams. Solo, however, is a different story.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Kelly Thompson is the writer of the current Captain Marvel book.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Oh, she's a nice writer. I'll check it out.