Buffy / Angel & Faith

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Buffy / Angel & Faith

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

How are you guys liking these series?

I've been enjoying Buffy, but it has been wearing a little thin on me. Angel & Faith has always had me more interested given that it was just a tad darker. I'm not sure if I'll be returning next season for either of them.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I'll only return for Gage/Isaacs. Too bad they're on Buffy this year, I liked Angel & Faith better last year.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm behind on reading them, I think I'm 2-3 issues behind on Angel. While I like the story, it's just been at the top of my "desire to read" list.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

It's still the first thing I read when it comes out. Spoilers to follow jedi if you're that far behind.

A&F took awhile to get going for me, mostly due to Conrad's art but it's really picked up. He's gotten a feel for the characters now, and with Koh and Illyria joining the cast, at least for now, I'm liking the ensemble feel. It's not as good as it was last 'year' but yeah Gage and Isaacs made that book. I like what they're doing with Buffy, especially Ghost Anya, but Isaacs has been off the book for a few issues and it's losing me without her. Plus, the whole Andrew getting superpowers was just too much for me. Or I should say, him Hulking out for an issue or two and then returning to normal. If he'd gotten mystical strength that would've been fine, but why the body change?

I'll be around for as long as they make them I'm sure, but I must say this year's Buffy is far better than last years was.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Also, to be fair, I'm more interested in Angel and Faith than in Buffy and the Scooby's. Haven't been reading A&F this year (yeah, the first 2-3 issues), but I might have to read up on it if it gets better.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I think I judged the early part of the series against the Gage/Isaacs series, and that wasn't all that fair for it. There was a storyline with Faith in the Amazon and Angel back in London that felt like it took too long to get through for little pay off, but now that they're back together and a supporting cast has been built up I'm hopeful for the series again.