XIII 2010 World Tour!

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII

Post by XIII »

Yes!

MGM

Post by MGM »

Turpin, what a terrible ref.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Heh. Our stand-in goalie got a red card for 'cheering too exuberantly' after the equalizer. The entire Roma bench pretty much stormed into the field after both Roma goals.

I swear, this is the only time I can recall that I honestly feel that we've lost due to the ref.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Yeah well, French ref are terrible. This one we call Clément "Tapin" cause it sounds like Turpin and actually means whore.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I thought putin mean whore?

XIII

Post by XIII »

It does. And does "Tapin". We have many words for whore. :D

XIII

Post by XIII »

On the road again. Going to Danemark next week. 2-days business trip.

In the meantime, I need to cure that little bug I have which is really a pain (stomach ache, always feel like I'm going to puke, nose running). Strangely enough, the weak tummy is there only when I'm home with the kids which leads me to believe my fear of responsibilities is finaly catching up with me and pointing out out that father is THE responsibility and I've been a fool having 2 kids. So yeah, maybe it's all in my head.

Or maybe I just have one last diarrrhea before the sunny days come back.

Fuck.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Y'know, I wonder if we'll qualify for 2016. Hiddink is a terrible coach for this team.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Yeah, saw that. Rather surprising after your World Cup. Maybe you should get Van Gaal back and send Hiddink to Man Utd. I'm sure it'd be the best for everyone.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Well, our tournament did hinge on a lot of luck and Robben.

XIII

Post by XIII »

You killed Spain on their first game so your tournament will forever be dear to my heart.

Say, what's going on in Amsterdam? I was supposed to fly out of Schiphol tomorrow but got a mail flight is canceled. When I called the travel agency they told me there was very bad weather conditions and lots of flights were either delayed or canceled and so I changed my flight to a commute in Paris.

Also, here is to hoping the pilot of my flight takes a piss before taking off...

MGM

Post by MGM »

Well yes, very bad weather. Well, hard winds. Not sure how bad it is, but I heard on the news that Schiphol has a lot of problems due to the wind.

That tournament will always be dear, because of how it went. IUt'd be better if we'd beat Argentina (because we could've taken the Germiny that played the final), but still. It was a tournament no one in Holland had high hopes for, but after that first match (which also was quite lucky, if you look it back) the team took off. Pretty much everything worked out, but the highlight must still be Krul.

MGM

Post by MGM »

So how'd things go with your flight?

XIII

Post by XIII »

I changed and went through Paris.
Danemark is rather depressing.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Going on a business trip to Ostrava tomorrow. As the journey takes more than 6 hours, Axa upgrades me to business class automatically. I've never flown in business class. I am quite curious. :)

Ostrava is lost somewhere in Czech Republic.

XIII

Post by XIII »

OK, the best part of flying business class is the lounge at the airport where you sit in fancy armchairs while stuffing your face with free food. ;)

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yes, I agree to that! How were the chairs in the plane?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:OK, the best part of flying business class is the lounge at the airport where you sit in fancy armchairs while stuffing your face with free food. ;)
And free booze.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

I don't drink alcohol anymore. Body does not handle so well any more.
The chairs were regular chairs in the planes as they were only short distance flights but they bring you fancy food and even champain if you want.

But I'll tell you what, Business is great but taking 6 planes in less than 48 hours is really exhausting. (Lyon >> Brussels, Brussels >> Prague, Prague >> Ostrava then Ostrava >> Prague, Prague >> Paris, Paris >> Lyon).