Sabrina #1 - Horror Teenage Witch

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

jedispyder

Sabrina #1 - Horror Teenage Witch

Post by jedispyder »

Damn, this was a great first issue! Takes place in the middle of the 20th Century, we have Sabrina born in the early fifties, then they spend half the book bringing her up to teenage years. The book now takes place in the mid 60s and deals with simple teenage stuff, just to the extreme. I won't spoil the ending but it's fucking strange! I highly recommend checking it out. Great book for quasi-mature readers, definitely not something related to the kids stuff from before.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'm definitely going to check it out. It looked interesting as well. Sabrina is not something I'd associate with classic horror; given that she's always been packaged as a wholesome fun loving witch. I flipped through it in the store and the art alone has a darker vibe and it doesn't necessarily seem gorier or exploitative.

Btw, which cover did you pick up? The Campbell, regular or other variant?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I got the die-cut cover. I wanted the Rosemary's Baby variant but I'm lucky I even got a copy. When I asked my retailer if he had any copies not on the shelf, he first told me he was sold out and I'd have to wait for a copy to come in yet then thought about and took one out of someone else's file.

This happens pretty frequently with these low-run/not mainstream titles, he knows which people won't mind waiting or which ones are dicks and screw him over so he gets his revenge this way and forces them to wait. Back when I was heavy into variants he would frequently give me specific variants to screw over someone else who was annoying as hell and begged for stuff, lol.