WWII

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

MGM

Post by MGM »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:"This Cameron fellow is a right bastard for making sign his bloody name so many times".
HAH!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Btw Ellis is a very nice guy. 10 minutes before the signing, Ellis wandered out and began qwalking the length of the line saying hello to various people and shooting the shit here and there. Te signing began promptly at 6:00pm (thank you Forbidden Planet).

When the started, he chatted away with whoever was in front of him and cracked a few jokes. Being #3 in line, I decided to be kind of a dick and chatted with him while he was signing, thus slowing down his process while he stopped to signing to answer my questions.

He was in town for only a 2.5 days and most of those days were spent in meetings for projects he couldn't yet discuss.

Also, picture taking was not allowed for 2 reasons. 1) It had been an awful shitty day weather wise and just as the signing started, it had slowly begun to drizzle. You couldn't feel it at first but management didn't want the patrons outside getting soaked while people stopped the flow of traffic for pics. 2nd reason was that Ellis hurt his leg recently and couldn't keep getting up and down for pics. Also I had already pissed off the FP staff by exceeding the allowable book count for sigs so I didn't want to push my luck.

2 sightings: Half hour before the signing started, Brian Wood walked into FP. At first I wasn't sure it was him but as exited later on, I was sure of it. 2nd (and this was I'm about 90% sure) of was I saw David Hyde Pierce (Niles from Fraiser) walk by Forbidden Planet. And there you have it.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Sounds like a great time! I'm always happy to hear the writers I really like are nice guys.

Thank you again so very much. He's been on my comic bucket list for years.

Also a good time to post this.

I photograph horribly.
Attachments
IMG_0088.jpg
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Who is that?

MGM

Post by MGM »

David Hyde Pierce.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

AKA Niles from Fraiser. Went to go see play with him in it (Curtains, it was awesome) before out first NYCC.

He was a nice guy!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Maybe David Hyde Pierce is trolling downtown manhattan looking for Wulf

MGM

Post by MGM »

I know I would.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Sometimes I stalk myself!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I heard you also photobomb your own photos

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Entertainment list for NYCC this year looks great.

Kevin Conroy will be there but I'm not sure I want anything signed by him. However, Lucy Lawless will there and I MUST have a photo with her!

The only other one I am strongly considering is Patrick Stewart. I want Professor X to probe me.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm excited about Lawless' character in SHIELD this season, should be an interesting role for her.

If you see Patrick Stewart, I think it's a must that you give him an offering of your finest Earl Grey tea, lol.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Entertainment list for NYCC this year looks great.

Kevin Conroy will be there but I'm not sure I want anything signed by him. However, Lucy Lawless will there and I MUST have a photo with her!

The only other one I am strongly considering is Patrick Stewart. I want Professor X to probe me.
Any chance you could get me a signed Patrick Stewart pic? It'd be a present for Natascha. And of course I'll pay for it.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Have fun!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thanks XIII,

Of course M! DM me on Facebook me and we'll talk turkey.

And to anyone else who wants something, let me know and I'll do my best to acquire it for you.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I would be interested in a bill sienkiewicz on a shadow blank cover like last year if we could swing somwething like that again.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I've looked at Midtown online and at the stores but they don't have that cover in stock. I'll look at the other stores and hopefully they'll have it. Also, ordering from midtown comics can take at least 3 days to process before they ship it so I may not get it in time.

If I can't get it, by Saturday, ill let you know. Maybe I can get something else for you.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I've looked at Midtown online and at the stores but they don't have that cover in stock. I'll look at the other stores and hopefully they'll have it. Also, ordering from midtown comics can take at least 3 days to process before they ship it so I may not get it in time.

If I can't get it, by Saturday, ill let you know. Maybe I can get something else for you.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Making preparations to abandon my family for 4 days.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Lines! Lines! Lines!