THE 2010 FOOTBALL WORLD CUP

Throw a riot and beat each other senseless over your favorite team! New and improved!

Moderators: Sandman, IrishCream

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

XIII wrote:MOTHERFUCKING VUVUZELA. MAKE THEM STOP!!!!!
You can't hear no chanting, it's just awful. I think players should threaten a strike if they are not banned.

apparently they expect to make £2 million profit off the sales of them during the world cup. noway they'll ban them
:chewie:

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

XIII wrote:Where are you, Spain? You're going home!
so are you:hehehm::smilielol5:

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

XIII wrote:Lloris 6
Sagna 4
Gallas 1
Abidal 0
Evra 1
Toulalan 3
Diaby 3
Malouda 4
Ribéry 0
Govou 0
Anelka 0
Gignac 0
Valbuena -2

We are on the plane home. And we fucking deserve it. What a disaster. I feel puking. I feel like punching all of them in the face. I feel like crying. Shit.
Let's start from scratch. Laurent Blanc can't come soon enough.

justice for the irish.

that domenech is a fucking oddball though, how the hell is he still in a job

MGM

Post by MGM »

France has seemed over the hill ever since Euro 2000. Four years ago Zidane played two of his best matches ever, otherwise France wouldn't have made it past the quarter finals then. Ribery just isn't good enough to carry the team. What's this I heard about Blanc building the team around Govou, though?

As for the Brits, they've been over the hill ever since '66. What godawful play again tonight. I wonder if they'll make it to the next round.

Oh, and the US were robbed by the first real wrong decision of a ref this WC.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

I only came home in time to catch the end of the England/Algeria game but that was not the best soccer I've ever seen. I think the poor ol' Brits are done.

I'll watch the replay of the USA game later but I heard it was interesting, a very :icon_bs: call.
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

MGM

Post by MGM »

Only bullshit call so far this Cup.

Tomorrow the Dutch! Win over Japan for sure.

Very interested in Australia - Ghana as well, too bad I can't see that one.

ChimeraCreative

That's right, Netherlands and Japan tomorrow. I'll get up at the ass-crack of dawn to watch it. Brazil and Ivory Coast Sunday as well as Italy and New Zealand (Adam has a fondness for NZ). Have most of my weekend planned already. ^_^

MGM

Post by MGM »

Which reminds me... I've got to fill in the scores on my poster. :D

MGM

Post by MGM »

CBKA wrote:apparently they expect to make £2 million profit off the sales of them during the world cup. noway they'll ban them
I heard something interesting yesterday. Some dude who'd looked into the deep history of the vuvuzela. Apparently the tradition exists exactly since the last Confederations Cup. Which was last year.

XIII

Post by XIII »

MGM wrote:France has seemed over the hill ever since Euro 2000. Four years ago Zidane played two of his best matches ever, otherwise France wouldn't have made it past the quarter finals then. Ribery just isn't good enough to carry the team. What's this I heard about Blanc building the team around Govou, though?

Gourcuff, not Govou. Dude, Govou is done and other with.

Interesting article in today's newspaper. There was a big clash between Domenech and Anelka at half time. It ended with Domenech deciding to sub Anelka to which Anelka replied "Go fuck yourself, you fucking son of a bitch".

I think we should just pull out of the game South Africa game. No point in playing it.

MGM

Post by MGM »

There is a theoretical chance, of course. If Uruguay or Mexico decides they definitely don't wanna play Argentina, you need to win. Preferably 2-0 or more.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Who's Gourcuff exaxctly?

Dreadful Holland match. Especially the first half, where Van der Vaart AGAIN left the left wing completely open by running to the middle every time. Passing was terrible as well. Basically, Holland played well for about 10 minutes after the break and then got some help from the goalie. To be fair, the ball curved, but it was still a major fault.

XIII

Post by XIII »

A number 10. People are saying he is the heir of Platini and Zidane. Was AC Milan and now at Bordeaux.
Apparently, he was "bullied" by Ribéry and Anelka since the start of the preparation. They are jealous of his newfound fame and of the influence he could have on the pitch.

And Anelka has been excluded from the French team today, following his clash at half time with Domenech.

MGM

Post by MGM »

It's the only thing they could've done, really.

Holland the first to qualify for the next round. I hope this means the pressure will be off the next match and they can improve their game because of that.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

MGM wrote: As for the Brits, they've been over the hill ever since '66. What godawful play again tonight. I wonder if they'll make it to the next round.
I wouldn't go that far, id say since italia 90. I dont understand capellos insistence of playing heskey, or moving gerrard to the left after he was one of the few players who looked interested against the usa.

yeah that was a bullshit call from the ref.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

XIII wrote:Gourcuff, not Govou. Dude, Govou is done and other with.

Interesting article in today's newspaper. There was a big clash between Domenech and Anelka at half time. It ended with Domenech deciding to sub Anelka to which Anelka replied "Go fuck yourself, you fucking son of a bitch".

I think we should just pull out of the game South Africa game. No point in playing it.
never a dull moment with with anelka in the side:smilielol5:

ChimeraCreative

Way to be a douchebag, Kaka.:coffee:

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I hear the French have now refused to take the field.

Someone is getting fired on that coaching team.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

ChimeraCreative wrote:Way to be a douchebag, Kaka.:coffee:
Hmm, sorry, did you see the same game? Kaka did nothing. Keita ran straight into him and then fell to the ground as if he had been punched by Mike Tyson.
Kaka is the victim of someone who has nothing to do on a football pitch.

And yes, French players refused to participate to the training session yesterday, saying they protest the exclusion of Anelka from the team. These guys should all be drown in ocean. They are ridiculous. Here, this is turning into a national matter.
I resent this players and I can't wait for this mockery of a team to be over.
I hope Laurent Blanc will make a good analysis and get rid of players who are nothing but a nuisance (Gallas, Ribéry, Evra, Anelka...).

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I have absolutely nothing whatsoever to add to this, rather lively, discussion as I did not watch any of the matches.

Most of the matches that come on during the U.S. are early in the morning and during work hours. My boss is a huge football fan and has been watching the games in his office all week but tries to be sneaky about it. It just makes him look like a big dork.

Maybe I should DVR the games...