THE 2010 FOOTBALL WORLD CUP

Throw a riot and beat each other senseless over your favorite team! New and improved!

Moderators: Sandman, IrishCream

XIII

Post by XIII »

And USA are doing rather well so yeah you should!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

My office is located on the 10th floor of my building and last week during the games, every time a team scored the workers down on street level would cheer so loudly you could hear them all the way up to my floor.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

the rumour over here (on sky sports news) is that their is genuine doubt over wether france will be able to field 11 players.

i pray to god this is true, i could do with a good laugh
:chewie:

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Why does France hate Football?

XIII

Post by XIII »

Nightmare is over. This so-called team lost to South Africa. Now is the time to rebuild everything. Everybody at the Federation should be sacked if they don't have the balls to resign.
Some players should be banned from the national team for many months.

This was a big joke and they betrayed all the French people who wanted to believe in this team.

Fuck them all.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

XIII wrote:Nightmare is over. This so-called team lost to South Africa. Now is the time to rebuild everything. Everybody at the Federation should be sacked if they don't have the balls to resign.
Some players should be banned from the national team for many months.

This was a big joke and they betrayed all the French people who wanted to believe in this team.

Fuck them all.

i wish i could rub this in abit more but, while its not been quite as big a shambles off the pitch, orfootball has been of a similar uninspiring level.

on the plus side our sides can share a plane back:smilielol5:

XIII

Post by XIII »

At least, your side didn't drown in travesty with a strike or the search for a bogus traitor.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Rehhagel is a disgrace. Knowing you HAVE to win and then play like that?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

France has taken the Professional out of Professional soccer.

That has been absolutely insane..
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

U.S.A. just beat the shit out of Algeria and by "just beat the shit out Algeria", I mean narrowly avoided another embaressing tie.

Sucketh iteth Bitches!

Btw, I only caught this game because my boss stepped out for a long meeting, and my entire team went to a bar right by our building to catch the game.

XIII

Post by XIII »

It was a great game!!! That goal at the last minute was pure orgasm.

Also, bye bye Italy, just as bad as France.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Isn't that the second time that the USA has had a bad call that resulted in a lost point? or was the earlier one just a bad call that cost them a game?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Do you understand the concept of football? 'Cause I do, and I have no clue what you just meant.

Slowakia vs. Holland next Monday! I'm sure we can handle them, but the game will have to improve. Yesterday was rather terrible. But with Robben on the bench (I'd prefer that over him starting) we'll have a great weapon.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Italy losing to Slovakia was a huge, huge upset. I caught the second and it just didnt look good for the Italians. They weren't playing with urgency so much as they just looked ragged and running on fumes.

I read the follow-up article that gave some stats on Italy which stated that this was the first time they'd failed to advance beyond group 1 since 1950. <Woofta> My co-worker, though, was bouncing off the wall at Slovakia's win because his parents from Slovakia. Gotta root for the motherland.

Gonna try and catch the U.S.A. game on Saturday but its just impossible to watch a game at home, too many distractions but I'll try.

Where has Stocky been? The absence of his voice in this decidely European sport weighs heavily in the air. I need for him to rationalize U.K.s ridiculous performance :)

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

No.. I don't understand all of it, and only just realized how the grouping and point system for this round worked. I just meant that I've heard the USA team has had refs make bad calls against them a few times, even from those outside the US, and was trying to figure it all out.

World Cup system actually confused me for this first round of 32.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I don't know about the second one, I didn't see it (although I've heard it WAS a bad call). The first one definitely was a bad call and it DID cost them the win. All in the end, it didn't really matter since they ended up winning the group anyway.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Mr Wallstreet wrote: Where has Stocky been? The absence of his voice in this decidely European sport weighs heavily in the air. I need for him to rationalize U.K.s ridiculous performance :)
you mean England.

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all have there own teams .

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Yes, my bad England.

U.S.A. vs. Ghana today @ 2:30pm eastern standard time! It'll be a rematch of sorts because Ghana knocked the U.S. out in 06. Vengeance!

MGM

Post by MGM »

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

History repeated itself yesterday. Ghana bitchslapped the U.S. down in exactly the same manner the previous time they met: 2-1.

U.S. played terribly in the first half. Ghana constantly kept U.S. on the defensive even in the few instances when the U.S. had the ball and attempted to score. Second half saw the U.S. play far more aggressively and much better. There was a visible difference in how much better U.S. was playing and even Ghana noticed but alas it was not enough. Ghana won and sent the U.S. packing.

The England vs. Germany match today is a bloodbath. It's 4-1 Germany right now. The match is over.

Vuvuzelas. Ha!