THE 2010 FOOTBALL WORLD CUP

Throw a riot and beat each other senseless over your favorite team! New and improved!

Moderators: Sandman, IrishCream

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

we were terrible and didn't deserve to go through, but the dissallowed lampard goal was the worst decision ive seen in my life.
:chewie:

XIII

Post by XIII »

Yeah, I agree with that. Can't wait for Spain - Portugal tomorrow.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Bye bye crybaby Ronaldo! :D

Goal seemed a bit offside, but other than that Portugal gave everything I expected: baby Ronaldo, red card... too bad I didn't see any tears. Spain in the semi-finals for sure, given how weak Paraguay was today.

Anyway, Holland. Yeah, not too grand again, but still. I seriously hope they'll improve next Friday. They can definitely beat Brazil, which has a very weak midfield and two weak defenders. Of course, offense is awesome. So basically it'll be a test for our defense and see if we can score from the chances we'll surely have.

XIII

Post by XIII »

You know, after doing it the whole season, I still can't believe Robben manages to score the very same goal every goddamn game. Come on defenders! Learn!

MGM

Post by MGM »

I know! Friday he can do it three times again!

MGM

Post by MGM »

So, given how we undeserved lost to Brazil in '94 and CERTAINLY in '98, we're bagging this tomorrow. Especially since we weren't there in 2002 and in 2006 we got kicked out by the ref and a bit by Portugal. No way we lose 4 times in a row undeservedly of Porugese speaking people. That, and Brazil's midfield is not that great. There, we can win the game.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Do you really want to feel the shame of being eliminated in 1/2 by Ghana? ;)

MGM

Post by MGM »

AWESOME!!

Uruguay, here we come to dispose of you in our way to the final!

MGM

Post by MGM »

AWESOME!!

Uruguay, here we come to dispose of you in our way to the final!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Wtf?!?

How did that happen?

MGM

Post by MGM »

With superior gameplay in the second part.

MGM

Post by MGM »

A bit more seriously:

First half was rather terrible, Brazil was so much better. If Stekelenburg didn't get that shot from Kaka (great save, BTW), it would've ended right then and there.

But the second half, Holland was much better. Pressure on the ball, which Brazil doesn't like at all, and much better stamina. Even before the equalizer it was visible that Holland was outplaying Brazil at that moment. And of course Brazil's always vulnerable through the air (although, that was a great mistake by the César, of course). But after the equalizer, there was no way Brazil was going to get the win. The only thing that would've been nice, if Holland made a third goal, so a stray shot wouldn't mean the Brazilian equalizer. And although I'd expected more serious fouls, the red card closed the deal.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Final!!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I didn't watch any matches this past weekend due to the holiday. I'll see who is playing this upcoming weekend and decide if any of those games are worth my time.

MGM

Post by MGM »

It'll be Holland, bitch!

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Germany and Uruguay Saturday.

Holland and Spain Sunday.
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

MGM

Post by MGM »

Spain I fear. Germany we would've had, but Spain? I hope they'll have a complete offday, like the Paraguay match.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

I was actually pretty unimpressed with Spain vs Germany. I Thought they were guilty of trying to score the perfect goal at times. Atleast you know with holland that if you get a chance you'll take it, spain will prob try to fiti n an extra 20 passes.

Glad this is the final, soon as england was out I wanted either spain or holland to win
:chewie:

MGM

Post by MGM »

True enough, I noticed that as well. If you pass the ball 20 times, at a point you really do need to take the shot.

That, and their defense is not their strongest part, with the efficiency Holland's been displaying, that might give us a shot at them.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Paul the Octopus picked Spain. Sorry, Michel, looks like the psychic cephalopod doesn't favour Holland's odds.:disappointed:
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image