UFC

Throw a riot and beat each other senseless over your favorite team! New and improved!

Moderators: Sandman, IrishCream

Captain Jack

UFC

Post by Captain Jack »

Does anyone besides me watch?

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

Starting to get more into it. Saturday's PPV was badass, especially the main event. Too bad Rampage had to drop out of the title match. Also, Ken Shamrock tested positive for steroids NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
YA BETTA ASK SOMEBODDDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Ken looked a little too thick and ripped in that fight against Ross Clifton (sp?) compared to how he was against Sakuraba a while ago.

I'm looking forward to Machida vs. Evans coming up soon. I think that's UFC 98. No one has put together a decent strategy to catch Machida. I'm interested to see how a guy from the Greg Jackson trained campe will fair.

Someone who trains at the same gym I used to go to got into The Ultimate Fighter series 9. :D

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Yeah im a fan. Not a big enough one to stay up til gone 5 in the morning like i do with boxing but i catch pretty much every ufc card.

Im a rampage fan (hell he trains in england, classy bloke), but the evans/machida fight is an immense matchup.
:chewie:

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Anyone want to venture a guess on Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites?

I haven't seen many Leites matches. Can't really comment.

CountD

Post by CountD »

I love to watch the fights.

I also trained in bjj a jiu-jitsu for a few years and learned a little.

CountD

Post by CountD »

Tim Silva is a brute.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Liddel vs. Rua, who you got?

Rua's brought in my favourite BJJ sensation Demian Maia, but Rua hasn't been too successful ever since migrating from Pride to UFC. I just don't know who I'd pick to win.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Stocky Boy wrote:Anyone want to venture a guess on Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites?

I haven't seen many Leites matches. Can't really comment.
I think ive only see Leites once, and while he was impressive, i have an hard time picking anyone over Silva

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Have you guys seen Dan Miller fight? I went to high school with him! I graduated with his older brother and his wife! Unfortunitly I found out last week that his wife went into labor and lost the baby while in the hospital. I work with her mom too and it was really hard on all of them.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I'll have to look Dan Miller up. That's sad news Mike. Hope they're doing as best as they can.

Are you a fan of the UFC?

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

not particularly, I may watch for a bit flipping thru the channels but that is it

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Anyone catch The Ultimate Fighter Series 9 - Episode 1 last week?

The Brits looked quite good and from the preview of episode 2, the Americans looked like they were having trouble making weight, basically looking ill-prepared, less passionate and less hungry for the prize. Obviously, I'm a bit skeptical and thinking a wee bit of editing has gone on to portray a story that otherwise wasn't there. i.e the following in summary:
- the Brits come across as dangerous killers from the off set
- the Americans start off incompetent and ill-prepared
- then some time into the series the Americans pull it together and save the day
- the Americans, as good winners, then pay homage to the losing Brits like real heros would

Who knows. I'm looking forward the next episode though.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Yeah i caught it. First time ive watched UF but this time ive got a patriotic stake in it.

I'm a bit skeptical too. Some of the fighters looked good but the acid test will be how they do in the comp against the yanks.

Also i agree there was some creative editing, but that fighter on the treadmill and the guy who fainted from dehydration weren't faked. I'm guessin there both out of the competition now so i wouldn't read too much into it.

What times the first showing of the new ep and which sky channel so i can Sky+ it. i think i caught a repeat

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

How did you watch it?

Setanta appear to have stuck a deal with Virgin1 in an effort to try and give the show a better chance of reaching as big an audience as possible. Unfortunately Virgin decided to air it on Sundays at 23:00! Works for me, but not the best of day and time slot.

Looking forward to the acid test.

CountD

Post by CountD »

Stocky Boy wrote:Anyone catch The Ultimate Fighter Series 9 - Episode 1 last week?

The Brits looked quite good and from the preview of episode 2, the Americans looked like they were having trouble making weight, basically looking ill-prepared, less passionate and less hungry for the prize. Obviously, I'm a bit skeptical and thinking a wee bit of editing has gone on to portray a story that otherwise wasn't there. i.e the following in summary:
- the Brits come across as dangerous killers from the off set
- the Americans start off incompetent and ill-prepared
- then some time into the series the Americans pull it together and save the day
- the Americans, as good winners, then pay homage to the losing Brits like real heros would

Who knows. I'm looking forward the next episode though.
hey, hey HEY!

CountD

Post by CountD »

Has anyone see the movie: "Never back down"

what do you think of the upcoming movie "Fighting"

both based on MMA.

CountD

Post by CountD »

There is also good jiu-jitsu (standing and ground) in 'The Hunted'.

I was really impressed with it, at least.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

Stocky Boy wrote:How did you watch it?

Setanta appear to have stuck a deal with Virgin1 in an effort to try and give the show a better chance of reaching as big an audience as possible. Unfortunately Virgin decided to air it on Sundays at 23:00! Works for me, but not the best of day and time slot.

Looking forward to the acid test.
Yeah thats the one i caught. I noticed it was on setanta either last night or the night before but it was a repeat of the uk one.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

You guys seen this?

SATURDAY, JULY 11 - LIVE FROM MANDALAY BAY EVENTS CENTER

BROCK LESNAR vs. FRANK MIR
FOR THE UNDISPUTED UFC® HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

GEORGES ST-PIERRE vs. THIAGO ALVES
FOR THE UFC® WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

DAN HENDERSON vs. MICHAEL BISPING
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER® COACHES COLLIDE

http://www.fightnewsextra.com/cc/ufc100/04.htm