Football season 11/12

Throw a riot and beat each other senseless over your favorite team! New and improved!

Moderators: Sandman, IrishCream

MGM

Post by MGM »

HAH!

Anyway, next year we'll still have Robben and a few other who can score. But yes, we need a real striker. Hopefully Castaignos in a few years.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Oh, yeah. And Barça-Madrid is splitting the Spanisch squad right down to the middle. Thank you, Mourinho. :D

MGM

Post by MGM »

Groep A: Bayern München, Villarreal, Manchester City, Napoli

Groep B: Inter, CSKA Moskou, Lille, Trabzonspor

Groep C: Manchester United, Benfica, Basel, Otelul Galati

Groep D: Real Madrid, Olympique Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb

Groep E: Chelsea, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Racing Genk

Groep F: Arsenal, Olympique Marseille, Olympiakos Piraeus, Borussia Dortmund

Groep G: FC Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St. Petersburg, Apoel Nicosia

Groep H: FC Barcelona, AC Milan, BATE Borisov, Viktoria Plzen

XIII

Post by XIII »

Marseille over Dortmund? I don't know. Also, I wouldn't discard Lille that fast.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Feyenoord loses Fer to Twente after weeks of nonsense. Too bad, he's the best player we had and in great shape at the moment. But, next year he would've walked for free and now we got 5.5 million (+ bonuses). Not too bad. But still, I'd rather he had signed for two years with Feyenoord.

We rent Bakkal from PSV in his stead. No use for him at PSV, but I've always thought he was a great player. So that's not so bad, although I doubt he'll be able to fill in Fer's place.
Also, Guidetti rented from... Chelsea? Man. City? No clue. I doubt his character, because Twente was sure they had him a few weeks ago and he simply refused to come. Dug op a million to pay Twente. Anyway, the fact that Twente wanted him AND we really, really need a striker makes this probably a good thing in the end.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Paris got Lugano from Fenerbace. Great move I think, that's a solid, experienced central defender.
Lyon sold Pjanic to Roma for a very welcome 11M, he never succeeded here but he had been one of our best in August so it's a bit of shame to see him go. We bought a wing defender, Dabo, and a central midfielder Fofana, a very young player who was nominated for best player at the latest U20 world cup this summer.
The shocker came from Lille. The French champion got Joe Cole on loan from Liverpool. Been a while since a big name English player came to play in France.

CBKA

Post by CBKA »

not been a big name player for a couple of years cole
:chewie:

MGM

Post by MGM »

Fucking unbelievable. Feyenoord is 16 out of 6 and for the moment ranked first. The board is doing everything to make the club financially healthy again. But yesterday, before the match, some fucking hooligans who disagree with the board, try to enter the part of the stadium where the board is. They riot so bad that the police has to draw their weapons INSIDE the stadium to control the situation. The team never knew and won 4-0. Too bad the media insist on calling these people fans. At least the people from Feyenoord refuse to call them that.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Ajax-Feyenoord today. Usually, there's two scenario's for that: either Ajax is better and win big, or Feyenoord is better and don't win.

Today was the last one. Feyenoord dominated probably about 75 minutes of the match, Ajax took a red card in the 64th minute and after 90 minutes it was 1-1. Dammit.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I can't care about football today. This morning, we were THAT close to win the Rugby World Cup. THAT close. Fuck.

XIII

Post by XIII »

MGM wrote:Oh, and just so you know: either Holland or Germany will win the EC 2012. I'm putting my money on us.
What's that you're saying? ;D

MGM

Post by MGM »

You have to peak at the right moment.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Jesus fuck, that could only've been worse with England in the mix instead of Denmark.

XIII

Post by XIII »

There is something about Holland and the group of death. You're always in it.
We have England, Sweden, Ukraine. We'll see.

MGM

Post by MGM »

France and Sweden should make it.

Czechia and Russia in group A.
Spain and Italy in group C.

This leaves no homecountry in the next round, though. But Poland and the Ukraine are the weakest teams in the EC.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Just saw a highlight reel from Zagreb - Lyon. If that match hasn't been sold, I'm not Dutch.

Nonetheless, overall I do think Lyon is better than Ajax. But the latter was simply robbed.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Whatever.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Cup match, Ajax-AZ. 1-0, AZ should've gotten a penalty, but didn't. Then this happens. Watch the replay a bit later in the video to fully get the situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLdN4a6BIpI

While apparently the rules say the card should be given, this is absurd.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Unavailable video.

Meanwhile, in France, Paris, sitting on top of the Ligue, about to sign Beckham for the second part of the season, has decided to sack the coach.

That has to be a first, sacking your coach while you are n°1.

Carlo Ancelotti is rumored to take over.

MGM

Post by MGM »