Dollhouse

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

I've watched them all, so far. It's... not a great show, and I don't get the attraction to Dushku, so i don't even have that to cling to. I read an article with her that said the first six episodes are heavily structured by Fox, and that around episode six, Whedon gets a lot of his creative control back.

So... fingers crossed.

MGM

Post by MGM »

That's stupid, to give Whedon a show and than not give him free reign. Because Whedon does pull in audiences.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:That's stupid, to give Whedon a show and than not give him free reign. Because Whedon does pull in audiences.
That doesn't happen with network TV though. And Dollhouse would never have been picked up by HBO, Showcase, etc.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

Uh oh, the shit hit the fan. Helo met Faith. And the show was actually good. It had a few surprises and a few non-surprises. But all in all, this (ep 6) was by far the best episode.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Rowr. Dress, stockings, high heels. :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Rowr. Dress, stockings, high heels. :D
Looked almost exactly what she was wearing during the first episode to me.

MGM

Post by MGM »

No, that dress was even more scandalous, actually. But the stockings that left just that bit of flesh exposed were rather naughty as well.

So youve kept up with the show? How'd you like the last two episodes?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I can't understand why people have liked them as much as they have.
Despite being a lot better than the previous episodes, it is still only okay.

The show is till pretty shitty. Dushku's acting is atrocious, and the premise behind it fucking sucks. The only way to make it interesting long term is to have the dollhouses go to war and send Alpha types after each other to destroy them

There is nothing that makes me want to tune in. They only reason I watch it is because I have no TV left Saturday afternoon to watch.

MGM

Post by MGM »

To be fair, I'm only watching for Dushku, since she's delicious eyecandy. And I like Helo, there's that. But the show itself doesn't really have my interest, that much is true.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Delicious eye candy really does not work as a lead on a show. Especially one like this where the lead actually needs to be able to act.

MGM

Post by MGM »

And that's where the factor 'I don't care' comes in, since I don't actually watch the show, but glance at it from the corner of my eye while I'm doing something else. :D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

There are rumors abound that Dollhouse may be getting shitcanned

After catching a whiff of this on Warren Ellis’ Bad Signal e-mail list, Blog@Newsarama has done some digging around and found a number of rumors speculating that not only has Fox canceled Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse, but in fact will not even air all 13 of the episodes already filmed.

Full article:
http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/04/09/do ... led-early/

MGM

Post by MGM »

Noooo... I needs my Dushku fix! :(

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I like Siera and the cops neighbor, both are hot as hell

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I hope it's not canceled, I watched it and while it is really stupid, it's all fast-paced and exciting and extremely enjoyable. The utter retardation is a minor flaw.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Also is anyone else finding Caroline to be the most unsympathetic character EVER? God, I hate her. I hope this five years thing is just a front and that she'll be stuck in the Dollhouse forever. Also hoping for some explanation on how such a useless cunt could be The One to get around the mind-wiping and programming.

ALSO when did November have problems that needed to be fixed by letting her go on a vision quest? She was a perfectly behaved slave in every scene I saw.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

It isn't really a good show. Accept it and move on.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I like the fucked up brain stuff enough that I will watch every episode and be disappointed when there are no more.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Apparently all asians do look alike.

Even if one has very soft and round features and the other sharp and angular.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

wolf_2099 wrote:Apparently all asians do look alike.

Even if one has very soft and round features and the other sharp and angular.
Ha, so you are watching it!

I did think that was weird, I mean SHIT didn't her mark work with those people every day?

And people who work in top secret labs performing illegal experiments on human subjects routinely leave stuff open on their computers without even a screensaver password or anything.

And those labs are located on university campuses.

And they don't move them when they have a major security breach.

And they trust grad students with the secret formula.

And campus security carry guns and shoot to kill.