Jennifer Love Hewitt wishes to be WW / Alien Pre-trilogy to be filmed

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Jennifer Love Hewitt wishes to be WW / Alien Pre-trilogy to be filmed

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thought I'd kill 2 birds with one stone

MTV has reported that Jennifer Love Hewitt wouldn’t mind wearing the Star-Spangled Swimsuit to play that most awesome of Amazons — Wonder Woman.

Her qualifications (according to her): she’s curvaceous, athletic, has a propensity for gold bracelets (this may be a problem, however, as WW’s bracelets are not gold), and she loves tiaras. And you may recall that last week IDW announced that they would be working on a ten-issue horror comic with Hewitt called “The Music Box.â€￾ What do you think? Do you think she could lasso the role?

Full article:
http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/08/03/je ... der-woman/

Director Ridley Scott has announced that he is returning the Alien series to make a movie about the origin of the Alien Species.

It’s official: Fox has announced that Ridley Scott, who brought us Alien in 1979, is set to direct the latest entry in the franchise, the yet untitled Alien 5, slated for 2011.

Is it possible that the horrible creatures from Alien can behave themselves? We should get to see how they interact on their own turf as this prequel will visit them on their planet of origin. No doubt, they won’t act civilized for long once the humans arrive.

Full article:
http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/08/01/ri ... n-prequel/

Jennifer Love Hewitt's enthusiasm for the role is cute but she doesn't look like a Wonder Woman. At all. She's way too skinny and bony and doesn't possess any of the dominance of Wondy. So good for Hewitt for wanting the role but thats it.

The prologue to the Alien film (I heretofore refuse to say prequel; prequel implies the first 2 parts of a series that has already been made and has 2 parts. The alien series has 4 parts to it (6 if you count those shitty AVP films. Making a "prequel" doesn't make sense) will blow. I hope it doesn't, but it will. Almost all of these origin films suck ass but the whatever they make can never live up to the mystery that has made them so popular for so long.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:
The prologue to the Alien film (I heretofore refuse to say prequel; prequel implies the first 2 parts of a series that has already been made and has 2 parts. The alien series has 4 parts to it (6 if you count those shitty AVP films. Making a "prequel" doesn't make sense) will blow. I hope it doesn't, but it will. Almost all of these origin films suck ass but the whatever they make can never live up to the mystery that has made them so popular for so long.
How often does the person who created it return? Let alone 30 years later? He can't need the money, so I imagine (and hope) he is doing it because he damn well wants to make a great movie.

The man makes great movies, can't see why this one will be different.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

CountD

Post by CountD »

While I enjoyed Alien and Aliens, I think they are slightly overrated.. as is Ridely Scott.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I guess the thing to remember here is that Riddley Scott is not George Lucas. Expectations should be optimistic.

As for JLH, well, if they want to go down a slightly goofy road, why not JLH. If they intentionally want to do a different WW, why not?
However, if they want to do a Batman Returns for WW, then JLH doesn't seem appropriate really.

XIII

Post by XIII »

CountD wrote:While I enjoyed Alien and Aliens, I think they are slightly overrated.. as is Ridely Scott.
Fool!! Haven't you seen Gladiator?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Gladiator is probably my favorite badass action adventure movie.

Python

Post by Python »

Tragic Angelus wrote:Gladiator is probably my favorite badass action adventure movie.
Without having read any of the previous posts, I was going to say "Aliens" was mine.

Then I scrolled up and saw CountD's message. :e2bummed:
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Python wrote:Without having read any of the previous posts, I was going to say "Aliens" was mine.

Then I scrolled up and saw CountD's message. :e2bummed:
Don't feel bad. Aliens is one of the greatest action and sci-fi flicks ever.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."