Bruno [semi-spoilers]

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

jedispyder

Bruno [semi-spoilers]

Post by jedispyder »

This was fucking hilarious! Even more offensive than Borat, seriously.

There were 5 people that walked out because they were offended. This black dude threw his hands up and walked out when we see a dick cover the screen. Yes, the screen was a close up shot of a dick. Flopping around. For like 15 seconds. One of his other friends walked when it started flopping, and their female friend followed a bit after.

Another scene where Bruno is at a swingers party and it's getting really explicit (I seriously think it was real sex, it was censored with a huge black bar and all). The girl next to me, who had covered her face in her boyfriend's shoulder several times throughout the movie, up and left. Her boyfriend stayed a bit longer, just enough to see tits, then he left too.

I couldn't fucking believe it, lol. I've never seen 5 people leave for being offended! I've seen people leave for being bored, but never offended...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Nice. I'm eager to see it after watching a few Bruno clips from his show, and i loved Borat so I'm down.

Generally, people don't know he's playing a character and shit, so that's why they've taken offense to it but after Borat you'd think that'd be old hat.

Saw one person leave a movie because they were offended and angry. Men of Honor, with Cuba Gooding Jr. When he didn't recieve the medal for saving the man's life during the training session, the guy down the aisle from me screamed 'They can't do that!' and got up and walked out. Only time I saw for that reason.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm sorry, but that guy that left in Men of Honor is fuggin hilarious!

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

SHOW HIM THE MEDAL!

The movie sounds great. I can watch Da Ali G DVD's I have over and over and his shtick never gets old!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

This describes what it did for me well.
Borat was shocking because people were agreeing, on camera, with his racist hyperboles. It provided social commentary and revealed that many Americans are still culturally primitive.

Bruno was shocking because it showed, simply put, some really gay and gratuitous shit.

Do you remember that scene from Talladega Nights where he kisses John C. Reilly? For me, it was funny because that movie attracted Nascar fans and it was ironic that they had to sit through that, making the gross generalization that they're part of a homophobic demographic.

This movie didn't do anything clever like that. It felt like it was just gross for the sake of making people wince. They succeeded, I winced a lot.

Some laughs, but nothing thought-provoking.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

If you consider Borat to be "thought provoking" you are out of touch with reality/

CountD

Post by CountD »

I'm somewhat interested in seeing this now.

mostly b/c of the c0ck. LOL

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

William McDert wrote:If you consider Borat to be "thought provoking" you are out of touch with reality/
It did a solid job of pointing out how stupid Americans are.

But you're right, thought-provoking, not-so-much.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."