I just bought: all media style

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

XIII

Post by XIII »

Great games both of them. City was really a step up from Asylum. Now Knight is coming out and fuck it, it's PS4 exclusive. Bastards.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

They really are. I forgot just how much more there was to City than Asylum. The only thing I dislike after playing them so close together is the bat-weapons are in different locations, so I keep hitting up to grab a batarang and get the grapple instead. But if that's my only complaint, then there really isn't anything to complain about.

Some friends of mine said that Origins isn't as good, that it's more fighter based with a lot of quick cut scenes. But I didn't know there was a fourth one coming out. It's really only for PS4? I'm still playing on an XBox 360, and I don't look for that to change any time soon either, so I guess I'll just have to stick to Origins as the last one for me.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Origins sucks! Don't get it. In comparison to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City it pales in comparison. Skip Origins Go for Lego Batman instead and then wait for Arkham World to come out.

Did you get all the Riddler trophies in Asylum?

XIII

Post by XIII »

It's not Arkham World, it's Arkham Knight and it should be for the next-gen only so PS4 and XBox One.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

No, I just finished the story and did some side stuff in Asylum so I could play City again.

Which I just spent 14 straight hours doing. So I think I'll be taking a Batman break for a few days.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:It's not Arkham World, it's Arkham Knight and it should be for the next-gen only so PS4 and XBox One.
Don't correct me in front of the children XIII!!!!!

XIII

Post by XIII »

It's for your own good!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Veronica Mars: Mr. Kiss and Tell

2nd Novel in the continuation after the movie. Currently reading 7 Deadly Wonders by Matthew Reilly and then I'll move onto VMars.

Did anyone else read the first novel outside myself?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Bought the first one but never got around to reading it. At some point I will.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yeah, I found it funny. But there was not enough 'voiceover'. Apart from that, it was like reading an TV-episode.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I didn't even know there were any Veronica Mars books. I'll check em out

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I really enjoyed it. I really interpreted her narration as the inner monologue along with what they added. I would have liked to have listened to the first audio book since Bell herself actually read it. I saw she couldn't do the second but I think hearing her read the first book could help with the VO bit.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Lego Batman 3- much better than two so far.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I bought this one, started playing then got caught up in normal adult life so much that at one point I actually forgot I had bought it.
Need to catch up.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

It's fun so far. I'm just as interested in seeing the overall character list as I am in finishing the story. I was sold the second I saw the tag line "Brianiac stole the power of the seven Lantern Corps" or something like that. Probably as close to a Blackest Night game I'll get.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

There was a thread about this somewhere else but I couldn't find it.

A few weeks ago I snagged some Official Canadian Royal mint Superman Coins. I got the silver dollar with the Red insignia and the silver dollar with Superman breaking the chains.
Attachments
image.jpg

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

And this one.

I also saw a lot more coins issues in 2014 & 2015 but none of them appealed to me. I'm considering getting one more but the one I wanted, on closer inspection, doesn't look that great.

Also, I thought this would be a one time thing that they were releasing coins but i see they released some new designs in 2014 & 2015
Attachments
image.jpg

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Those are pretty awesome coins!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:And this one.

I also saw a lot more coins issues in 2014 & 2015 but none of them appealed to me. I'm considering getting one more but the one I wanted, on closer inspection, doesn't look that great.

Also, I thought this would be a one time thing that they were releasing coins but i see they released some new designs in 2014 & 2015
I have this one as well, and;

Where did you get yours?

These can be fucking hard to get in Canada.
They stepped up production this year, but 2013 and 2014 barely ever even made it to a post office for sale.

If the post office got any, they got one.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

THATS THE ONE I WANTED TO GET!!!!

The only reason I havent gotten it is because it doesn't come in a clear acrylic case. The first 2 I got came in translucent clear display cases.

I got mine from ebay. All came with original packaging and certificates of authenticity.

Most of the ones I saw produced in 2014 & 13 just don't look good to me. A few of them are images from Jim Lee covers and to be honest, his work kinda turns me off

I just learned there is a Supergirl coin in production. Might get that one.