Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Great film; didn't think I'd like it but I loved it.

The story opens one year after Peter, Lucy, Susan and Edmund leave Narnia. Several centuries have passed in that time and since then he armies of Men have destroyed Cair Parvall (sp), the Narnian creatures were driven deep into the woods and hid there for so long they were belived to be myths and the rightful Prince to the throne of the Telmaria (sp) is on the run from his Uncle Miraz who had his father killed and is now trying to kill Caspian now that he (the dirty Uncle Miraz) has a son who can become king is Caspian dies.

Caspian, running deep in the woods to escape his would-be assassins, encounters for the first time in his life Narnian creatures. Afraid for his life he uses a magic horn given to him by his professor and summons Peter, Lucy, Edmund and Susan back to Narnia.

Miraz wants to extend his kingdom (as he is king now that Caspian's father is dead and Caspian is MIA) far beyond the woods. He wishes to kill anything and anyone who stands in his way. Miraz's forces subsequently capture a Narnian and uses him as a scapegoat to declare all out war on the Narnians.

Though the brothers and sisters are dismayed to see how much Narnia has changed (much of it for the worse) they join with Prince Caspian and the Narnians, to try and save Narnia. However, things are never that easy. Peter has grown arrogant and talks down to Caspian and the others. Without consulting anyone, he takes the role of leader from Caspian who has managed to form an army. Though Peter willingly and eagerly leads and fights alongside the Narnians, he does it for the wrong reasons with result in tragic consequences.

There is a great moment where both Caspian and Peter are tempted to give in to the darkness; to unleash the White Witch who would surely defeat their adversaries. Though they perhaps they don't realize it, they'd be trading one tyrant for a far worse one, and it is Edmund to stops them releasing the White Witch.

Not wishing to see any more lives lost, Peter challenges Miraz to one-on-one combat. The lose surrenders all. Peter wins, despite many underhanded tricks by Miraz but it is not enough. War is declared regardless. In the end, as as Peter and co. are seemingly outnumbered and defeated, Lucy arrives with Aslan and reinforcements.

The reason I found this film so enjoyable is because I enjoy stories about rag-tag bands of warriors joining together to oppose unjust and cruel regimes. There is something awesomely wonderful about different people/creatures/races putting aside their differences to fight for a noble cause; that cause being freedom and justice. And when that cause is achieved, it would be simple for the different races to go back to bickering and though it does seem that they might, they ultimately choose not to.

Another lesson is also taught; one of humility. Though, Peter reigned as High King for many years he always served at the pleasure of the people, never for his own ego. For a long time Peter had forgotten that, and it took the loss of many lives in a hastily planned battle to get him to understand that.

Finally, there is always the bond of brother/sisterhood among all people/creatures that though they may be different, they should still be treated as equals.

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

I think it takes less time to just watch the film.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

You'd need a DVD player and a tv for that but commies don't believe in DVD players so you're shit out of luck.

Now read my post and love it, you commie bitch. ;D

MGM

Post by MGM »

I have yet to see this one.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

You did not miss much by not seeing it.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

I still plan on seeing it, though. I rather liked the first Narnia movie.

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:
Though the brothers and sisters are dismayed to see how much Narnia has changed (much of it for the worse) they join with Prince Caspian and the Narnians, to try and save Narnia. However, things are never that easy. Peter has grown arrogant and talks down to Caspian and the others. Without consulting anyone, he takes the role of leader from Caspian who has managed to form an army. Though Peter willingly and eagerly leads and fights alongside the Narnians, he does it for the wrong reasons with result in tragic consequences.
this is why I did not like this movie as well as the first one. the first one was basically right on with the book. in the book Peter was not a dick. everything he did he did to benifit Narnia and to get Caspian on the thrown. I can understand the need to add a little something "extra" to make the movie longer and more interesting. but I did not like it. Peter was always the best of them, the most lordly and Kingly.