Surrogates

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Python

Surrogates

Post by Python »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_h9RaL0es

Am I the only one who thought this was going to be a Ghost in the Shell movie after having watched the trailer?

Apparently it is based off of an American Graphic Novel called "The Surrogates."
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Yeah, I kinda got that vibe too. It seems like the next step to the Ghost in the Shell concept.

Looks like a very cool movie though, makes you think about what that kind of world whould be like. I will be checking it out. :D
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Does anyone know anything about the graphic novel? Read it or anything?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Downloaded it. Interesting writing, but the art is not suited to the book. There's not enough detail and it's really scratchy so sometimes people will comment on something that should be obvious from the art, and I'll go back and look and it's like well maybe I can figure out what they are talking about. It's hard to tell what people are doing and what they look like.* It feels like watching an interesting movie with a bad signal, or through glasses with the wrong prescription. Feel like I'm missing a lot.

SPOILER

**For instance, there is one scene where you see a guy with his surrogate and they look identical, BUT his wife gets all bitchy at him for not using it. She can tell the difference? Because I can't. So do the surrogates look just like people or unnatural and robotic? Can't tell. The characters seem to be able to tell the difference, but you really, really can't. Edit: wait, no, they look completely human. I think. I don't think they can tell.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay