Oz

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

MGM

Oz

Post by MGM »

Well, The Wire is done and I need a new fix. Oz it is. First episode was pretty good, but definitely still in the set-up stages.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Oz is a fantastic series. I guess you're being introduced to the various factions within Oz right now as well as the main guards and COs.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I think they've not even come to that. Yeah, the Aryan Nation or something like that. And the Muslim brothers.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Aryan Brotherhood

Man are you in for a treat! Get ready for all the violent guy-on-guy sex you can handle! :D

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yeah, about that... like I really needed to see the dick that produced WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!
Question: how does Mr. Eko keep that silly hat on his bald head?

Bodie!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

MGM wrote:Yeah, about that... like I really needed to see the dick that produced WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!
The dick that produced Walt is central to the show...Well at least the body the dick is attached to is central to the show.

Respect the Dick!
Question: how does Mr. Eko keep that silly hat on his bald head?
D and I had a discussion about this a long time ago and neither one of us came up with a realistic answer.
Bodie!
There a lot of supporting characters on Oz who appeared in The Wire. I'd tell you who they were but don't want to spoil it for you.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I know Lt. Daniels is in it, and also that one dude from Law & Order: SPU. But apart from that, I don't know that much. Yeah, one major death, because I saw that one TV once.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The actor from Law & Order: SVU is Christopher Meloni; he plays Chris Keller in Oz and will be voicing Hal Jordan in the new Green Lantern Animated film. I thought I'd just throw that in there because I know how big of a fan you are of Hal. :D

MGM

Post by MGM »

Ah, and there we have Burrell! And obviously the profiler from L&O:SPU. And than there's the replacement for the... nurse? He is SO familiar, but I just can't place him.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

MGM wrote:L&O:SPU.
L&O: SVU my child.

Have you met Vern Schillinger yet?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yeah, he's introduced in the first episode. He's the leader of the Aryan Brotherhood, right?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Schillinger isn't the leader yet, but he is equally respected and feared among the Aryans and the rest of the prison as being a sadist as well as strategic thinker.

How far along with the series are you?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Still on ep 4. I've been catching up on Ashes to Ashes, since the second season is airing now. And I've been trying to get a job. I know, Oz comes first, but apparently my family thinks otherwise. :D