Wolverine Origins

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Python

Post by Python »

***SPOILERS***

I have heard that there are two different endings after the credits roll. The first one, where Logan is taking "shots to remember" in Japan, I have seen. I heard that the second ending is Deadpool's body rising from the rubble of the reactor and petting his head.

Confirm/Deny?
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

The Wolvie shot is in the leaked version. I think the movie has both attached to it.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

When you go to the theater you have 1 or the other, never both. I was lucky to catch the Deadpool scene since I already saw the shots scene in the download. It seems to just be random as to which screening has which ending...

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

was agent zero supposed to be maverick?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Goshin wrote:was agent zero supposed to be maverick?
Or the Frenchman from Morrisons run?

I think it was like beak, where they just used the name.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

I think he was supposed to be Maverick, but without his absorbing powers. Or whatever powers the dude actually has.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Maverick became known as Agent Zero during the Weapon X series by Frank Tieri after his sidekick became known as Maverick. His sidekick is what Dominic Monoghan(sp) was in this movie (he was originally supposed to be Beak but they decided against it, which sucks). In the movie they just made Maverick Asian and completely different powers (if he even has powers).

The "french dude" from Morrison's run was Fantomex and frickin awesome, I'd have loved if they had used him in here since he's from Weapon X but oh well...

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

MGM wrote:The last scene is STILL drinking to remember.

Also, Gambit's part was pretty good.
Depending on where you see the movie, you either get the drinking ending or the Deadpool one.
YA BETTA ASK SOMEBODDDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

i saw it in theaters they day it came out and saw the drinking asian chick ending that deadpool one probably will end up on the dvd
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

jedispyder wrote:Maverick became known as Agent Zero during the Weapon X series by Frank Tieri after his sidekick became known as Maverick. His sidekick is what Dominic Monoghan(sp) was in this movie (he was originally supposed to be Beak but they decided against it, which sucks). In the movie they just made Maverick Asian and completely different powers (if he even has powers).

The "french dude" from Morrison's run was Fantomex and frickin awesome, I'd have loved if they had used him in here since he's from Weapon X but oh well...
I had completely forgotten that Beak was supposed to be in this movie. Until now. Dominic Monaghan was the guy with the electricity powers right? Another character I had never heard of before the movie.

Agent Zero just seemed to be some sort of sharpshooter.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Saw the Origins last night and while it did have a ton of problems with it, many of which have been covered here at length, I didn't loathe it. It was barely okay and the reason why I give it that, at the very least, is because while it failed as a comic book film or a film with a coherent story, it worked as a brainless action film and it did have a few humerous parts.

I thought Gambit was okay, his accent wasn't hammed up; it was very subtle and as for his ability to leap 30 feet in the air and act as a telekinetic - I interpreted that as Gambit using his mutant powers to push him forward or his cards through the air. Deadpool was great and I am fully convinced he should get his own film.

I pretty much agree with the finer points of all the plot holes (Cyclops shooting energy beams, Emma and Silverfox being sisters, CGI bone claws looking lame, Victor looking ridiculous while leaping, Wolverine being able to slice through cars and helicopters etc...)

I definitely will not be buying it and may watch it only once more when it comes out on DVD.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

As far as research into the (supporting) characters goes, I'm sure the writers and directors did their job in learning the history and powers of all the characters, but when it didn't fit with what they wanted to do, they chucked the research and wrote the characters to their specifications.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Just came back from seeing and I'm disappointed to hear there is a Deadpool ending for this as I got the Wolvie one which is definitely useless.

So the movie was so-so. Deadpool and Gambit were royally screwed up. The CGI were really really cheap to the point where some scenes looked completely off and it was fucking obvious the actors were actually standing in front of a blue screen.
I would need to see X3 again to compare but this is so inferior to X2 even though, they made good on having the 2 movies connecting.

Also, who was that black teleporting dude supposed to be?

Python

Post by Python »

Also, who was that black teleporting dude supposed to be?
Wraith.

A character I had never heard of before this movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kestrel_(Marvel_Comics)
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

XIII

Post by XIII »

That link doesn't work.

MGM

Post by MGM »

It does now.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Thanks. I had never heard of him.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Some deadpool news.