Wolverine Origins

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

I watched this last night with all my roomates, but I was in the middle of a game of Stratego so I didn't actually start WATCHING until the part where Sabertooth breaks his bone claws.

I actually loved the movie. Yes, Gambit's cat shit was weird and yes cyclops doesn't shot fire and yes Deadpool was basically that dude from Mortal Kombat.

2/4 of my roomates know almost as much as me about comics and we made jokes throughout the whole film but overall it was very enjoyable. No it didn't sync up perfectly with the comics but for an action movie, it delivers. It even managed to make us all sad when those dudes that took in wolvie on the farm got shot. There was alot of ridiculous WTF moments but it made sense for a MOVIE.

I give it 7.5/10 as a comics fag, 8/10 as a movie fag.

SPOILERS
SPOILERSSPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERSSPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERSSPOILERS
SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
MOTHERFUCKING SPOILERS

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

Oh also, the END end, with Stryker walking down the road. Very unnecessary.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I haven't seen the pirated film or read the reviews/spoilers but I plan on seeing it with some friends regardless. Even if its pure crap, it'll still be a fun time with the guys n gals.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

That was fucking stupid, lol! And while seeing Wolvie drinking in the end and him quipping "Drinking to remember", I feel that was unnecessary as well. Did we really need to see that? How does it really help anything in the movie? No, it doesn't. We already know he has memory problems...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

This opens tomorrow.

Anyone plan on seeing it? Especially after Fox apparently lied about there being changes from the work print?
I for one will see it tomorrow, mostly just to keep up my seeing every comic film opening day thing going.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm planning for a midnight showing. Supposedly they did change some of the hidden things at the end, but no real confirmation let. I'll let you know after I see it tonight. It is supposed to be better when its complete, I have friends who saw the first showing last night (aka the theatre test screening), they said it was really good...

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

i skipped past without reading the spoilers. i learned my lesson cuz one of u guys spoiled x-men 2 for me by saying jean died
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CountD

Post by CountD »

MGM wrote:Dude, you think too much.

But, Cyclops does shoot beams of energy.
not to rehash, but this is what I thought also.

CountD

Post by CountD »

William McDert wrote:Oh also, the END end, with Stryker walking down the road. Very unnecessary.
no spoiler tag, man.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

The very last scene is different, yay! So no more "drinking to remember", which was much better than the Stryker shitfest. Everyone will love the new scene ^_^

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'll be going to see this late next week sometime. The large quantity of negative reviews hasn't deterred me from seeing it.

MGM

Post by MGM »

The last scene is STILL drinking to remember.

Also, Gambit's part was pretty good.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

This movie was terrible.
Full of plot holes, no substance, all flash.
Characters thrown in for no good reason, other than to say they were in the movie.
About a dozen people walked out when I saw it, 4 or 5 of them during the fire escape scene.

Without even nit-picking the little things, or comic things I can think of some huge problems:

Cyclops being taken into custody, when he can just take off the eye mask and fuck everyone up?
The Gambit fight scene. Seriously, the fire escape? Awful. No accent? Where is the Cajun? And when did Gambit get telekinesis? Why the hell did they even fight, really?

Wolverine (and Sabretooth), despite having fought in several of the worlds largest conflicts had never got shot ion the head? Not even during the firing squad? Yet when 1 bullet hits him in the skull (did it penetrate?) he lost his memory? If it did penetrate, why was there no hole when they x-rayed him in X-Men? If it didn't why didn't he loose his memory when he was shot in the head earlier in the movie by Zero, or in X2?

And Deadpool, seriously? (That, and the bullet thing in the beginning, with the swords.

Also, how did Sabretooth get on top of the reactor chimney, how the fuck was he not a smear on the ground after jumping off?

Blocking force beams (not fire, damnit, get it right!) with your claws?

Silverfox and Emma Frost as sisters?

The CGI claws also looked like shit.

Apparently being a mutant you can also jump 30 feet in the air, no matter what your power is.

This sums it up well, and it isn't a joke... (no mjaor spoilers)

...And the fact that Wolverine's memory loss was caused by adamantium bullets, got his name from a poem, that mutant powers can be transplanted at will from one person to another, Gambit is telekinetic and has a Southern accent, that Wolverine's claws can block and then bounce back Cyclops' optic blast like a Dragon Ball Z cartoon, and THAT CYCLOPS WAS EVEN IN THE FUCKING MOVIE AT ALL

This movie was filled with campy, over-done and over-used camera shots, flashy special effects, and not enough attention to putting in a remotely plausible (even for a comic film) plot.

It also doesn't help that this movie was a pretty solid slap in the face to anyone who enjoyed the source material, either. They took, about 5 of Wolverines best storylines, and threw in a shitload of other characters, and did not do a single one of them justice.

Poor Deadpool.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Basically, it was an action movie for the non-comic fans that had dialogue only as slight glue to combine all the action sequences.

And what the fuck was up with the shitty as CGI on his claws in the bathroom? They looked like they were animated, so horrible. I seriously thought they were going to finish the CGI, but seems instead of finishing it they just bitched about it being "stolen" and left it alone...

Python

Post by Python »

Inconsistencies with the comics aside, I thought it was a great movie. I loved every minute of it. It was much better than X-Men 3.

The Fire Escape Scene was pretty dumb, though. Gambit did have an accent, but it was very slight. I prefer that to an overdone accent.

I thought the casting for everyone was great! Tahyna Tozzi as Emma was ridiculously hot.
Cyclops being taken into custody, when he can just take off the eye mask and fuck everyone up?
It looked like his arms were captive most of the time. Other than that, unless it was laced with ruby quartz, he should have been able to blow it off just by opening his eyes.
Apparently being a mutant you can also jump 30 feet in the air, no matter what your power is.
If you're referring to Gambit, I imagined he was using force from a kinetic explosion to give him a jumping boost, which is clever use of his powers.

I did not notice the claws CGI, aside from the sparks.

Judging by the end of the credits, they're probably going to make a sequel of him jacking up Hand assassins in Japan.
Wolverine (and Sabretooth), despite having fought in several of the worlds largest conflicts had never got shot ion the head? Not even during the firing squad? Yet when 1 bullet hits him in the skull (did it penetrate?) he lost his memory? If it did penetrate, why was there no hole when they x-rayed him in X-Men? If it didn't why didn't he loose his memory when he was shot in the head earlier in the movie by Zero, or in X2?
My best guess is that the adamantium bullets hit him hard enough to give him a concussion and amnesia. The bullets from Zero & X2 weren't adamantium. I did notice that he shrugged off normal rounds to the head easily in this movie, but being shot point-blank by that cop in X2 knocked him out. They were clearly trying to make Wolvie much more super-human in this movie.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

WHY THE HELL DIDNT DEADPOOL TALK IN THE FINAL FIGHT!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

The Adamantium bullets thing was stupid

Xavier appearaing at the end was a pleasant suprise.

Favorite part? Wolverine bitch smacking Gambit during the fight in the alley with Sabretooth lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Yeah...Deadpool didn't talk in the final fight cause, well, he had no fucking mouth! They grafted skin over it, meaning he can't open. If you can't open your mouth, you can't talk. Plus he was being controlled by Stryker, so he wasn't like the Deadpool we know. At the end after all the rubble fell and the facility went boom, he regained control and became the Deadpool we all know and love, especially with him breaking the 4th wall and go "shhh". Hands down, best part of the movie...

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

a sharp piece of rubble cut hip mouth open during the fall and his body ran around for ten minutes trying to find his head and after his head was put back on...

"aahhhh..... that hurt! hey, this dead chick looks pretty hot! should i?

naaaahh..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

a sharp piece of rubble cut hip mouth open during the fall and his body ran around for ten minutes trying to find his head and after his head was put back on...

"aahhhh..... that hurt! hey, this dead chick looks pretty hot! should i?

naaaahh..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Python wrote:Gambit did have an accent, but it was very slight. I prefer that to an overdone accent.
I loved this. Okay. I hate the fake shitty accents so many of the actors in these movies have had. (Like Nightcrawler. Ugh, what WAS that? It wasn't a German accent, that's for sure.) He sounded Cajun to me, just a tiny little bit Cajun. Perfect.

I liked seeing Wolverine fucking shit up. That's about it, really. That was a really really bad movie, but still more enjoyable than X2 or X3.

I didn't know who most of those characters were. I've heard of Silverfox but I had no idea that white chick was supposed to be Silverfox until I read it in this thread just now.

I started laughing hysterically when Styker and whoever were having that meeting and someone said something like "This is turning into a complete disaster!" He just sounded so surprised. We never could have predicted our fucked up plan about human weapons getting all fucked up and them turning on us! Who could have seen that coming! Really. That summed it up for me. So completely implausible, everything about the movie made no sense at all.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay