Nathan Fillion Returns to TV...Again

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Nathan Fillion Returns to TV...Again

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

<snip><snip>In Castle, Fillion plays Richard Castle an impish mystery novelist a bit bored by his own success. But when a killer starts copying the murders from his books in real life, Castle is paired with by-the-book detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic) in hopes of helping to decipher the clues and solve the case. Of course the pair are oil and water, but the bigger fun is seeing Fillion dive head first into the role with gleeful abandon. <snip><snip>

Full article:
http://www.newsarama.com/tv/090311-nathan-fillion.html

Fillion is a phenominal and extremely underrated actor who, I'm hoping will catch his big break soon. Unfortunately, this series doesn't sound all that great.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

We have the first episode saved on tivo, haven't watched it yet... anyone watched it yet?
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I've seen the previews while watching episodes on ABC.com but didn't know it was out yet. I want to check it out, just keep forgetting. Same with Dollhouse, keep forgetting to watch that...

Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

I don't have an antennae hooked up to my television right now, but I can catch 'webisodes,' I guess. I'll have to check it out soon, I'm definitely a fan of his.

StoneTable

Post by StoneTable »

'nuf said.
“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.â€￾ - Nikola Tesla

:toetap: You're a real asshole when you're drunk, Superman.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

:iagree:

Firefly was fantastic, but, Fillion's other show Drive really was not that great.

StoneTable

Post by StoneTable »

I was enjoying Drive. It was starting up slow but I thought it had potential. Some rumors I heard, though, was that they didn't have a "bible" -- the document that overviews the show and plot arc. They were basically figuring it out as they went and didn't know who the bad guys were.
“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.â€￾ - Nikola Tesla

:toetap: You're a real asshole when you're drunk, Superman.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

That probably contributed to its demise. The premise was pretty weak though. I can't really imagine watching 23 episodes a season about a group of people driving cross country for several seasons.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I was really having fun with Drive, trying to figure out how things were going to go down, and of course Fillion in the role was what brought me in.

Castle would be something i'd do the same for, by watching it for him, but this sounds better suited to be a movie or mini series rather than a regular series, unless it IS a made for tv movie/mini...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Has anyone actually watched the first 2 episodes? Is it any good? I have been considering downloading them.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."