Wonder Woman

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Tragic Angelus

Wonder Woman

Post by Tragic Angelus »

What did everyone else think?

Personally, I really enjoyed it. I haven't liked much from the new DC films, but this one I felt was fun and actually really enjoyable. With BvS I wanted to get up and leave about 15 minutes in, yet with this I was engaged in the story.

It might suffer from the same color saturation as the others, but that didn't bother me so much this time. I liked that it was a period piece, and I thought they did a great job with that aspect. Diana felt relate-able and I enjoyed seeing her adapt to the world outside Themyscira. I had wanted this to be well done, and I felt like I got what I wanted. I may have been blinded a bit because I wanted this to be done well, but I really don't care. I was just happy we finally got a good DC movie.

I'm not looking forward to Justice League very much, but I'm eager to see a sequel to Wonder Woman. And I've for them to keep doing period pieces with her until she moves up to present day.

Mr Wallstreet

Re: Wonder Woman

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

WW has been getting almost universaly positive reviews. This is finally solid win for the DCEU after the failure of Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, divisiveness of MoS, total failure of BvS and mixed reviews Suicide Squad.

I really don't know what to expect from Justice League but I'm looking forward to Aquaman

MGM

Re: Wonder Woman

Post by MGM »

First and formost: I did not see Batman vs. Superman.
So when I watched WW yesterday, it was my first exposure to her on screen (apart from a few trailers).

Most iconic superhero since Christopher Reeves.
I have no special love for WW (in fact, I have no opinion on her at all). But the way she was portrayed, as a true hero to the core and a warrior who will fight for what is right, was very nice. And I know that it was cinematically easy to to do, but seeing her in her full costume just had something special about it (especially the first time).

Apart from the color saturation, it didn't feel like a DC movie at all (and this is a good thing).
Of course, the end game was terrible. Bad acting, dialogue, script and visuals. But hey, you can't have it all.