Your favorite Marvel movie to date

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Your favorite Marvel movie to date

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Which one is yours?

For me it's a toss up between Captain America and Thor, but I'd give the edge to Captain America. I'm a big fan of period piece movies and having a comic book film as one was great. Also, it helped that the film was hammed up as jingoistic America RAH RAH RAH (not that there's anything wrong with that) but the propoganda/patriotism was handled in a very nuanced manner. I also think Evans did a fantastic job portraying Rogers and nailing his sense of duty and honor.

And yes Avengers and Civil War were obvious top choices but that was too easy

wolf_2099

Re: Your favorite Marvel movie to date

Post by wolf_2099 »

Thor or Winter Soldier.

I enjoy the less world ending stories, and they were both helmed by fantastic leads and supporting casts.
None of the Marvel 2.0 heroes are doing it for me.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Not even Guardians of the Galaxy? Both movies are really good.
I can't pick a favourite. Winter Soldier was really, really good. So was Iron Man with his unforgettable post-credit scene that made my jaw drop and think "They are going for it, for real!".

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I think the Cap franchise has been the best overall, and Winter Soldier is pretty damn near my favorite, along with Civil War close behind just because they put nearly everyone in it. But there's still something about Avengers that's a favorite for me. I think it's just the fact that they made this whole built up shared universe thing work. And when I saw it, for all it's faults, we were finally seeing the Avengers together and it was just really fun. So that may still be my favorite just for what it did.