DC TV Universe

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

DC TV Universe

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Arrow, Flash, Supergirl & Legends of Tomorrow are killing it. Of these shows the only one I haven't seen is Legends but given that the same creators are behind it, I'm sure it'll be great. These shows aren't pretending to be something serious and heady. They're fun comic book shows for comic book fans. The stories (with the exception of Arrow) aren't gritty and the lead charectors aren't buttholes.

It's the tv version of comics. They're are some creative changes but nothing that's a dealbreaker. Right now I'm winding down with Flash and then I'll start Legends of Tonorrow.

So far the only show I haven't seen at all and don't expect to watch is Gotham.

Anyone else?

Tragic Angelus

Re: DC TV Universe

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm currently watching S4 of Arrow, S2 of Flash, S1 of Supergirl, and I'll add in S1 of Legends as I go. I'm kind of doing it 1 episode at a time rotating shows so a lot of the character crossovers add up. And I agree with you, they're fun comic book shows. They definitely have some cheesy, over the top stuff, but I really enjoy them. They're just fun to watch. For me, it really hit in an episode of Flash where Flash, Green Arrow, and Firestorm teamed up and I was basically seeing the Justice League together. I really liked that, and with so many characters showing up it's just great.

I'm not planning to watch Gotham either, though with as fun as these have been I could go back. I'd like to watch Constantine since the character shows up in Arrow, but it's not on Netflix.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I watch everything but Gotham. Seeing the 4 on the CW each night is great, awesome popcorn television and I love the character crossovers.

The fact they started signing people to appearance numbers across the shows rather than a specific show is something I am a huge fan of.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I watch all four of them (Gothma is such crap I coulsn't sit through the first 10 episodes). They all have their pro's and cons. I like Flash most, with its ever optimistic look on things. Arrow in itself is pretty good, but the flashbacks really do take away from the whole. The first two seasons they were interesting, now not so much. Legends' first season was better than its second, but that's cast-wise. Supergirl is lovely, but it's just terrible how she always pronounces it as SSsssssssupergirl.

Also, last seasons Supergirl/Flash crossover? Best comic-TV I've ever seen.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Is anyone watching iZombie or Lucifer?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I really enjoy iZombie but it is nothing like the comic. Knowing you were a Veronica Mars fan you'd probably enjoy it, but it's very much a police procedural with a twist. Most of the characters are well written, and they added in something for Season 3 that could shift the format if they wanted to. Plus with shorter seasons (S1-13 Ep, S2-19 Ep), I feel like they actually do more and move the story along rather quickly unlike some 22+ episode season shows where you occasionally get filler episodes that barely tie into a season long arc.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'll definitely check out iZombie as soon as I'm done with Legends & Arrow.

Slightly off track but I generally enjoy Walking Dead but I really need to be in the proper headspace to enjoy it. It's so hopelessly bleak that I just don't feel like wading through it. Case in point, right now I'm a few episodes into season 6 but I don't feel watching the rest any time soon. I'll get to it eventually but not any time soon.

And I'm still loving Supernatural

MGM

Post by MGM »

iZombie is amwezingly fantastic, Lucifer is fun. Not much more, but fun enough to keep on watching it.

Also, howcome we're talking about okayish TV-shows instead of the new Star Wars movie? You guys are sub-par geeks!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I haven't seen the new Star Wars film yet