Luke Cage

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

MGM

Luke Cage

Post by MGM »

Was it just me or was ths really not as good as expected? Jessico Jones is still by far the best show Marvel's had.

Tragic Angelus

Re: Luke Cage

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Jessica Jones is still my favorite, but I really enjoyed Luke Cage too. I like how each of the shows so far has a very different feel and tone to it. Giving him enemies that he couldn't really touch or use his powers on was a nice addition, at least to me. I don't think it was as dramatic throughout as JJ and parts of DD have been, but I still really enjoyed it.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I enjoyed Luke Cage a lot. It had a completely different feel and tone than DD & JJ. It may feel like a cop out but I enjoyed all 3 shows about the same. That's not to say all 3 were perfect but they were each dealing with a wholly different storylines. A fair amount of DD Focused on Matt's religious upbringing and the short comings of the justice system.

Jessica Jones was more about sexual violence, PTSD and survivors guilt. Luke Cage dealt with political and police corruption and burgeoning racial divide in the U.S.

If there is one ciriticism that is similar across all 3 series, I'd say that it's they all get too long towards the end. If they were perhaps 10-11 episodes instead of 13, I think it would be better.

Given all this, I am stoked for Iron Fist.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I thought Cage's whole political angle was rather weak. I've seen this a thousand times and most of those times it was done better. The racaial thing was of course quite different than in the other shows, and rightfully so.

I agree that all shows would benefit from a shorter season. Except JJ. That should go on all year long.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'll agree with you the on the political angle; it may not have been the strongest but it set Mariah up as the new force in Harlem.