SDCC - Trailers! Trailers! Trailers!

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

SDCC - Trailers! Trailers! Trailers!

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Perhaps it's the morning after glow but they all looked great.

Justice League trailer didn't look as dark and as bleak as the BvS trailer. The looming threat of evil and the still dark tone was tempered with tongue in cheek humor from the Flash, WW & Cyborg & deadpan Bruce Wayne. I absolutely loved Aquaman, he was badass. The scene where he's drinking a bottle then smashing it as he walks into an oncoming wave was wonderful.

Wonder Woman trailer is packed with great action. I also like the backdrop of WWI, its a great change from constantly using WWII. The action scenes are also well done. They remind me of the battle sequences in the Batman Arkham games. There isn't a lot of humor that I could see in the WW trailee but it seemed a bit more somber and not nearly as hopeless and dreary as BvS

Suicide Squad - If this film doesn't live up to all the hype, I'm gonna give up hope.

Doctor Strange trailer was a lot more practical. It filled in the gaps of the first trailer by telling us that he was unbelieving, believing, trained, met the villian, established a threat and is going to stop it. Much more straight forward but still very good. Gonna be a good film.

Luke Cage trailer looked great as well. It definitely is a throwback to the blaxploitation films of the 60s and 70s but without the dates dialogue and a lot more serious. The soundtrack on the trailer was very catchy. Soundtracks are not something that generally catch my attention but this had me nodding along. And of course: there was Marvel patented hallway fight scene. I'm m very much looking forward to it

Iron Fist trailer didn't give a whole lot to work with beyond basic story premise. Still looked good though and I'm confident it'll deliver the goods.

There was a 30 second teaser for the Defenders but since there was nothing of substance to work with, I'll just say I'm looking forward to it.

Other people? Thots?

Tragic Angelus

Re: SDCC - Trailers! Trailers! Trailers!

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I watched them all and I have to admit, nothing was super disappointing in any of them.

Justice League looked much better than BvS, but I'm still not completely sold on it yet. Still kind of wishing we weren't being introduced to 3-4 new characters in one movie to space them out later, but rather fully form them in their own movies and bring them together. But yeah, this looked a lot lighter and a bit more entertaining than the last DC movie. Right now I like how Batman is going around recruiting everyone rather than them all just showing up together. Still not sold on badass, take no shit I'm number one Aquaman, but hoping he's more fleshed out in the movie.

Wonder Woman looked phenomenal. This is the DC movie I'm anxiously awaiting, and I really really hope it lives up to expectations. Like you said, the action looks great, I like that it's set during WWI, and she still seems to carry a great screen presence like she did in BvS. I haven't watched the extended version, but to me Gadot's WW was the best part of that whole movie, and I hope she's even better in this one.

Suicide Squad- Didn't watch the new trailer actually, since it's only a few weeks from being out. I feel like I've seen enough to think this one will be decent, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'm not a fan of Harley Quinn much at all, but I'm hoping it'll entertain me enough like Deadpool did that she won't be annoying in the movie. Feels very much like this could be DC's Guardians of the Galaxy for me in that I enjoy the movie but it's not one of my favorites.

I liked the new Doctor Strange trailer. Looks like he and Chiwetel Ejiofor's characters are allies from this one, but I was under the impression he was a potential enemy. Maybe they start as allies and split by the end? Either way, this looks good, like Thor meets Inception.

The Netflix shows though are what I'm most excited for. Daredevil Seasons 1 & 2 were both amazing, and Jessica Jones was incredible. That got me very excited for Luke Cage, and that hallway scene looked great. I'll probably knock that out the weekend it hits. Iron Fist looks all right so far, but yeah we don't have enough just yet. I'm a little leery on it since we know so little, but the track record so far has me thinking I'll enjoy it. I hope it picks up elements from the first season of Daredevil as well as ties into Luke Cage in some way by getting Misty Knight and Colleen Wing together.

I'm surprised we're getting Defenders so soon. I thought they'd do another season of Jessica Jones before that actually, but I'm guessing this will be the Fall show for 2017? I wonder if a second JJ will be in 2018 alongside DD Season 3. Or will they start doing a Spring, Summer, and Fall show instead so there isn't as much time between each one? Either way, very much looking forward to it, and while it looks like The Hand is teased to play some kind of role, I almost hope not so we get something new or use something being built along the way in each show.

Other than that, the Kong Skull Island teaser looked good. I like that it's a more modern take on it and hope this one pans out. The King Arthur trailer however did not look good to me, but I'll probably go see it anyway.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Tragic Angelus wrote:Still not sold on badass, take no shit I'm number one Aquaman, but hoping he's more fleshed out in the movie.
I hate you.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

It all looked good... but I am getting very tired of the world ending CGI fest movies. Which is part of the reason I've been loving Marvel Netflix.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The rate at which Marvel is going with both the films and the Netflix series', and if the next Thor movie is any indication, it's only a matter of time before we get a Luke Cage/ Iron Fist crossover
type mini series like the old Power Man & Iron Fist comic

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Even if they did something each season where Cage showed up for an episode or two on Iron Fist, and vice versa, so we get them as a team I'd enjoy it. Kind of the way the CW has a guaranteed Arrow/Flash crossover. A mini series would be really cool too, but I'd be afraid that could potentially replace both single shows, and so far I'm enjoying these 1 hero shows with a few guest stars.