Daredevil Season 2

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Daredevil Season 2

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

What do people think of the trailers?

MGM

Re: Daredevil Season 2

Post by MGM »

They look pretty good. I'm looking forward to the next season.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Totally looking forward to it!

Looks like DD gets a new costume at some point during the season annnd it looks like the billy club gets a grappling hook upgrade!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Just from the trailers, this version of Punisher, everything from his look to his demeanor looks far better than the last 2 Punisher films combined.

*Dolph Lundgren will always be the greatest Punisher of them all

The Punisher doesnt work as a film. It's far better as a tv show because his charector is far more complex than most heroes. Even Wolverine doesn't kill as indiscriminately as Castle does.

I'm stoked for Season 2 of DD

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'm slowly making my way through S2 but it has been great so far. Without giving away any spoilers, the first season was a great buildup that steadily got better and better.

In season 2, you already know who the main charectors are and whoever you're not familiar with, they're thrown right in your face. Season 2 kicks off with a bang and doesn't let up.

Thoughts?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I just started it today and I agree, there's less of a build. I was surprised that they started the Punisher arc as soon as they did, but I'm still enjoying it. I also now see what you meant in terms of lighting when comparing this to Jessica Jones. It's definitely 'dark' and not always easy to see, which I didn't notice as much the first season.

But I still look at them as two different shows and like them for what they are. I also like the subtle ways the two cross over, even early on in this season.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I accidentally started with episode 3 and it turns out it's a great episode to start with.

Ep 1 was not so bad, but that still was a but clunky (bad action, cringy dialogue). I'm sure I'll enjoy the season, though.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Loved it! But, I felt they didn't really resolve or atleast provide some answers to their main plot points.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm one episode away from finishing it. I feel like this season has a few more brutal scenes that are hard to watch than the last one. It's one thing I noticed that was different from Jessica Jones. DD tends to be more brutal and darker, where JJ was more noir and suspenseful/terrifying. Daredevil has a few things that are honestly hard to watch, and even had me turning away from the screen until I could tell it was over.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Have you see Punisher use the butt of a handgun yet? :D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Having finished DD Season 2 I felt it was kind of uneven. I think the inclusion of The Hand was maybe done a little too early. whenever the focus & tone of the show would shift from the Punisher storyline to the Hand, I felt it was very clunky & not well done. One minute DD is beating up mobsters and then magical ninjas. There was no...I dunno segue between the two diametrically opposite types of stories. That's my only real grip.

And there were a lot of great smaller stories going on this season; nice little distractions: Matt's relationship with Foggy & Karen, Elektra, Karen's new life, Wilson Fisk, Stick etc...

Berthenel was great as the Punisher. I think he pulled it off pretty damn well. What do people think of Punisher getting his own series? Would it work? The people against it are saying that Punisher, like The Hulk only works as a supporting charector and in small doses. Not as the main attraction of his own show.