Punisher added to S2 of Daredevil on Netflix

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Punisher added to S2 of Daredevil on Netflix

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

It was announced that Jon Berthenel was cast as Frank Castle- The Punisher who will be joining the cast of DD on season 2. I think this is 1) out of left field and 2) great casting.

I think most people were so caught up with wondering who the new villain would be as well as trying to confirm rumors if Jason Statham would be playing Bullseye in season 2 that the Punisher news came as a complete surprise. Although I think it's a bit early to be introducing other heroes to DD, the creative team have more than earned the benefit of the doubt.

Also I think a tv series with a company like Netflix that allow the show runners more control is a better fit for a character like Frank Castle.

And as usual, if it's a success there are already rumors of Castle getting his own spinoff on netflix.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I suppose Punisher is a very good addition to the darker TV show (as opposed to the shiny movies). If they keep the killing spree to a normal level, instead of him wiping out dozens of gangsters at a time, I see this is a good opportunity.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I agree. He's a better fit for the Netflix shows than a film. I'd like to see him simmering in the background for a few episodes before Murdock confronts him or identifies him. I kind of hope he doesn't just jump out in the first episode as the new antagonist, as I'm sure they'll team up at some point to help drop the Kingpin again.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Possible, but if I could choose I'd see him as the main antagonist (since he personifies everything Murdock stands against) and have the Kinpgin return in the season finale.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I think I'd rather see Kingpin saved for the finale or last 2-3 episodes. Maybe something where Castle learns he's been working for Fisk this whole time taking out criminals who Fisk saw as opposition while he was in prison? I'm sure Castle will be the primary antagonist until they have Fisk make his final move but I hope they just don't outright set them up as total enemies.

Needless to say I'm sure I'll love what they do. The characterization on the show was amazing and even got me to care about Foggy and Karen, two characters I've read so little of and about. I just hope they keep up the great work.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I hope we don't see Kingpin at all for at least 1 whole season; hopefully 2. They an spend this season focusing on Matt's moral conflict with the Castle, maybe introduce Bullseye next season and then bring Fisk back for the 3rd or 4th season. I don't want to see Kingpin overused.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Unlike DC shit, this is something you can look expectantly to see well done.

I'm looking forward to this!