Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

MGM

Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Post by MGM »

XIII

Post by XIII »

Thank you. Ever since I saw this picture, I couldn't find what was bothering. No neck. That's it.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

"Image removed at the request of Warner Bros"

MGM

Post by MGM »

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Will Smith looks like he's filming the sequel to the Wild Wild West

XIII

Post by XIII »

It can't be right, that picture on the right side, it can't be Deadshot's costume, can it? It looks like something that belongs to the Guardians of the Galaxy or Star Wars.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

That "costume" is by a fan, it's not associate with the movie. Just someone trying to crash the party, there are pictures of the person wandering around the city after everything was over.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Yeah, the small neck is odd. Maybe he has lowered his head and brought it forward. Can't see why though. Shoulders appear relaxed, so it doesn't look like his neck has disappeared through a shrugging movement.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

What does everyone think of the new costume after having seen more pictures of it?

I think it looks allright, but have been more impressed with the way the Arkham games have blended the cloth and armour look.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I don't know about this costume. I can't help but be negative about everything related to this movie...

MGM

Post by MGM »

So, the Comicon trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y

And it still does't look like anything I'd want to see.

XIII

Post by XIII »

So many slow-motion shots, so much ominous music, so much Affleck straight face... Yeah, I'll see it because I can't help myself but I don't expect much.
Also, Eisenberg's Luthor looks terrible.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I agree on Luthor. However, I did like the shot of Wayne running towards the destruction to save someone while everyone else ran away. Definitely seemed like a good character trait to include, like they got the character of Batman pretty well there. Seeing Wonder Woman in action was a nice touch, and I'm more excited about this than I have been but it's still towards the bottom of the comic movie list for me.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yeah... That was no 9/11 shot at all...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm still not sold. This quite simply does not feel like the Batman and Superman that I want to see in a movie.

One of my favorite blog writers, JimSmash, stated how horrible the characterization of Ma Kent is in the trailer. The wholesome Ma from the comics would never say "you don't owe them anything" and would instead try to comfort him in not giving up hope, not in him giving up.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I agree with everything you guys are saying.

Like with Suicide Squad, my expectation level is so low, I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy the film for what it is, but I'm not really impressed with what I'm seeing.

I think, to be fair to Zack Snyder, he probably is making the film he intends to make, so he probably will deserve an A grade for making what was intended to be made. Amongst us lot though, we clearly feel his vision of big DC isn't particularly interesting.
It's like performing a low difficulty set at gymnastics on the pommel horse - full marks for a flawless execution of your set, but overall the ambition was so low that a performer who did poorly at a complicated set could get a better score.

Do you guys feel it's Snyder's fascination with Miller's take on the characters that is at heart the actual problem here? There's nothing wrong with different interpretations of comic book characters, but there's a huge difference between basing your introductory Avengers franchise on the Ultimates rather than any other Avengers story and then basing your JLA on fucking Dark Knight Returns - even if Snyder has created a totally new story.

Interestingly though, in this universe, Batman's been around for sometime and a Robin has come and gone.