Jurassic World Trailer

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Jurassic World Trailer

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'm on my iPhone so I can't copy links but it looks good. I saw some familiar faces from the first Jurassic film. It looks fun but I'm on the fence about this

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I haven't been excited about this series for awhile, but these new trailers are looking good. I might actually venture out and see this one in theaters just to kill an afternoon this summer.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

It looks interesting. Not really what I was expecting though.

From the trailer, it seems like the basic plot of the film is a reinvention of the original's.
The original plot was a Hollywood classic - 'man must be prudent when using science; especially when it comes to life'. Using the film's own words, "life always find a way".
This time round, it looks like all previous problems have been resolved. They've found a way to control 'life finding a way to surprise us disastrously' and have a safe, profitable dino park. So, now the plot appears to be - 'look even though you've clearly proven you are awesome at science, you can still be over confident with your science, especially if you are driven by profit'. Hence the big, man made predator threat.

It's actually more of an alien combat type film with a dino park setting.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I heard there are a few major twists that shake things up and divert away from the basic original plot. It does look pretty awesome and I love the change of raptors to potential good guys.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I love that huge dino-crocodile.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

It looks good. As people were being picked off by pterodactyls all I could think was "This is what it would be like if we got a story set in the Savage Land."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Sooooooo who saw it?

XIII

Post by XIII »

Nope and from what I've been reading on Twitter, its not worth the price of admission.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I just saw it. It was fun, but nothing spectacular. I did feel like a kid again hearing the music and seeing the dinosaurs, but if I'd waited until it was on DVD I wouldn't have been bothered. I overheard a couple of kids leaving with their parents or grandparents and saying they'd been bored by it but I know I enjoyed it.

XIII

Post by XIII »

From what I read, the main problem of the movie is that, after Mad Max, it feels completely bland. Doesn't stop it from becoming the most successful movie in history, though.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Saw it.
It was awesome and awful.
It recaptured the awesomeness of the first movie by duplicating the first almost entirely.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Some of the harsher critiques about the Jurassic World center on the character of Dallas Bryce Howard; that she was a cliched female charector. She was an ice queen who cares only about money and falls into typical damsel in distress mode and in end realizes that she too can has feelings and can fall in love.

A charector the complete opposite of Dr. Ellie Satler played by Laura Dern Jurassic Park.

Also, on a personal level, I feel the lack of a shirtless Jeff Goldblum hurt the films credibility as well as the loss of a chain smoking Samuel L. Jackson.