Wonder Woman loses director

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Wonder Woman loses director

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Warner Bros. Continues it's rich tradition of fucking itself over. Wonder Woman director Michelle MacLaren left the film due to creative differences with WB. One would think that WB would learn its lesson after giving Whedon the boot on WW all those years ago yet here they are repeating their mistakes.

MacLaren is a talented director who directed a lot of award winning eps on shows like Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Hell On Wheels, Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul, & the Leftovers. She also directed a slew of popular shows from the 90s; the most prominent being The X-Files -of which she directed 47 eps.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Obviously she is a hack.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I really don't care about this movie.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Neither do I. Nor the Batman vs. Superman one.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I really don't care about any DC movies right now. I'll go see them but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything. However, it's still upsetting to see that this movie continues to struggle to even get off the ground floor.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Honestly, the only thing about DC that I'm excited about movie-wise are all the animated movies.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

They do a good job of getting the animations right.

I don't know why they are obsessed with making things dark and gritty, but this shouldn't have to be a problem i.e. Daredevil on Netflix is dark and gritty and it's very, very good.

I think maybe they hanging on the coat tails of Nolan's Batman and so think everything needs to be grim.

I'll be interested in watching all the DC films, but I don't have much faith that they'll be more than watchable.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Dark and gritty works for certain things. Superman is not one of those things. Batman works, Daredevil works. Both have had lengthy dark and gritty storylines in the comics that serve as great inspiration.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Have you guys seen the latest trailer for Batman vs Superman? If it were darker, it would be a black screen only. I'll still see it but damn, this looks sucky.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The SvB trailer looks so depressing. I feel a huge problem is that Superman and Batman have never met and in their first meeting, they're both going Dark Knight Returns on each other. That hero vs hero movie is, to me, the type of film you build up to gradually; not just jump into in your first go around.

The reason Marvel's Civil War looks good is because the Avengers crew has been around for several years/movies and have had interactions with each other. There's enough drama between Cap & IM to build some new tension.

And ugh, yeah the trailer looks and feels like a moody 15 year old. Nolan had the right idea to do a real-world based- darker Batman but DC took that idea and beat it into the ground. darker doesn't mean make the film sad-as-fuck. Ratchet back

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yeah, not so thrilled with the new trailer. The more I see of this movie, the more excited I am that Civil War comes out the same year so I can wash the taste out of my mouth from BvS with it. I'm just finding it harder and harder to get excited about DC movies when the Marvel properties are already so well done. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I just feel like it won't happen.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Nicely put Wally. Completely agree.

Have you seen the Honest Teaser version of the teaser? They end the teaser with the following title and sub title:

BATMAN V. SUPERMAN
RUSH TO JUSTICE LEAGUE

:)