Official: Spider-man comes to the MCU!

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

Official: Spider-man comes to the MCU!

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Spider-man is coming home.

It's been all over the news sites today that SONY & Marvel studios brokered a deal in which Spider-Man will appear in Marvel Movies and perhaps a camero in the new Captain America movies and may or may not be a major player in Civil War. I think it was originally decided that in leau of Spider-man, Black Panther would be his stand in for Civil War.

The bad news: Andrew Garfield is out as Spider-man, which I think is a damn shame. Amazing Spider-man wasn't great but it was not Garfields fault. It was a combination of bad story & ugly villains.

I imagine this must be what people in Hollywood refer to as being on top of the world one moment and being thrown out the next moment.

XIII

Post by XIII »

People hoping they'll get Miles Morales but I don't think they'll let that happen.
I also wish they had kept Garfield as Spider-Man because he was good and not to blame for the fact that the second movie sucked.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Marvel using Miles Morales and Sony using Peter Parker, I can see that happen.

But I really doubt it, because to me Spider-Man equals Peter Parker.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I think the statement is that they will use the same Spider-Man, no? Unlike having 2 different Quicksilver in X-Men and Avengers.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I haven't really read the statement, but I thought it was about Spider-Man, not necessarily the dude behind the mask.

But anyway, Peter Parker. Everyone knows him. Miles Morales could be a character for movie 3 or 4 or something.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

MGM wrote:Marvel using Miles Morales and Sony using Peter Parker, I can see that happen.
That could be a strong possibility. It was announced that while Spider-man will be appearing in MCU films, the Female Spider-man & Sinister Six movies are still going to happen over at SONY. So if they're making a female spider-man, it's not much of a stretch that they could cast Miles Morales as the spider-man of their universe.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

It'll be the same Spidey for both. Marvel gets to use Spidey and Sony gets free publicity for their Spidey movie, with each keeping their own revenue.

MGM

Post by MGM »

XIII

Post by XIII »

Meh, so guy from a website has a what? a gut feeling? that there 95% chance he will not be white.
No evidence or anything.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yeah, it's not the most convinced argument, I'll give you that.