The Simpsons

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Mr Wallstreet

The Simpsons

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The Simpsons is pretty popular here in the U.S. Though not as much as it used to be. In fact, many people are saying that it's well past it's prime and needs to be put out of its misery - which I think they are doing very soon.

I think the Simpsons had its heyday during the 90s. Maybe I'm just remembering my childhood a little fondly but the seasons that premiered during the 90s were amongt the best in the shows run. I'd say since the early 00s the quality has slowly been wanining as it's cultural impact and popularity. I'd heard rumors that it would soon be ending soon but don't know for sure.

I stopped watching new episodes in 2003 or 2004. They just weren't as funny.

Is the Simpsons popular overseas, or is this just an American thing?

XIII

Post by XIII »

The Simpsons are also very popular here, still are but not as much as they used to.
I haven't watched any episode in a very long time.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I haven't watched an episode in well over 10 years. I've been tempted to download some seasons to watch what I've been missing but have heard a lot of "meh" about the stuff post-2000. I wish I had FXX so I could watch the marathon going on right now of every episode.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Popular here as well, or at least it was. No clue how that is these days. It lacks (or lacked) a bit of its punch, since they air (or aired) the episodes quite a bit later than originally aired. So all comments on current affairs were usually useless by then.