X-Men: Apocalypse

Movies that suck. Music that rocks. Books and Games, it's all right here.

Moderator: MGM

Tragic Angelus

X-Men: Apocalypse

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Looks like we're getting one more X-Men film from Fox after Days of Future Past and the X-Force film:

X-Men: Apocalypse revealed by Singer

While it's only a tweet, apparently a distribution company said it has a release date as well.

While I don't think Apocalypse is one of the greatest villains ever, I'm definitely excited for this. I wonder if it will be set with the First Class crew or the original crew.

And to me, when watching the DoFP trailer, all the future scenes always looked less like an apocalyptic/destroyed city and more stone filled than anything else. I'm starting to wonder if they don't use some of Apocalypse's technology now to help send Wolverine to the past alongside Xavier's powers.

What do you guys think?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I always felt Apocalypse could've been one of the ultimate x-villains but he always seemed to fall short. It was almost as if the idea of Apocalypse was cooler and more frightening than Apocalypse himself was. Most of the storylines involving him Re very average.

Even the Age of Apocalypse storyline wasn't so much about Apocalypse as it was about the alternate reality, Bishop, Magneto & Haller.

All the comic books aside, I am excited for the X-Men: Apocalypse. We'll get to see them face a real threat from a physically powerful force. It'll be the super hero fight we never got to see in all the X-films

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I definitely agree on the comic version of Apocalypse. He always tends to come up short in terms of stories. AoA was probably his best story, but yeah you're right it's not so much about him. I liked The Twelve story, but then again, that was within my first year of reading so I was just enamored by everything the books were doing.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Fuck, yes!!!

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Seems interesting. It'll be interesting to see how they move from the Days of Future Past story line to an Apocalypse one.

XIII

Re: X-Men: Apocalypse

Post by XIII »

So anybody seen this yet?
Not as good as the 2 previous movies. Boring at times. And the editing is all over the place.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'll see it next week when it's released in the states. It's getting slammed by reviewers so far.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I have tickets for it tomorrow, cause X-Men. I don't have high hopes.

Olivia Munn in skintight rubber works for me though.

SO I fucked up my tickets, went to the theatre tonight, and realized it was coming out next weekend.

The guy scanning tickets didn't even notice, and we sat down to the start of Captain America Civil War again...
So we went to the theatre next door and saw neighbours 2.

Brilliant on my part.
Last edited by wolf_2099 on Sat May 21, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I think the reviews are as bad as BvS, aren't they?

I'm seeing it, though. It's X-Men. Also, Olivia Munn.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Like most of you said, it's X-Men, which I think nearly all of us share in more than a passing interest. I was pretty entertained the whole time. Really liked Sophie Turner as Jean, and I enjoyed Nightcrawler. Some great fight scenes that used mutant powers to their fullest.

Seeing it again with co-workers tomorrow, so I'll see how it holds up after a day of reflection.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Saw it yesterday. I had low expectations and I'm sure it's part of what I'm about to say. I know, I realise and I acknowledge that the previous two movies were much better movies. But THIS WAS X-MEN. I enjoyed myself immensely and thought it do be by far the most awesome of all X-movies so far.

And yes, of course there were numberous flaws, but this movie felt more like the X-Men than the others combined.

And Olivia Munn. Hopefully back for the next one(s).

MGM

Post by MGM »

Also, I loved how the Horsemen all had awesome poses in the groupshots with Apocalypse.

And I missed the 90's cartoon voice. They should've at least have him say "IIIIIIIIII am Apocalypse!!". And have James Earl Jones sub it.