WWII

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

el oh el
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

So how is Ramadan going this year? From what little I read, the first 10 days are the hardest and after that it gets better.

Have you seen the controversy with Whole Foods over Ramadan? They decided to team up with some company and provide Ramadan-friendly frozen meals with a couple ads about it. Yet one main branch in Texas sent out a message saying they shouldn't advertise or make a deal about it because of complaints over them doing it. I found that pretty ridiculous but then again it's Texas so not a surprise...

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Sorry for the uber late response; completely missed your post.

Ramadan, for the most part, has been okay. The first two days were pretty rough but it got much easier after that. The last week has been progessively getting harder and harder as I see the end approaching. Today being the second to last day (or last day depending on the visibility of the moon) has me dragging my hump to the finish line.

What I'm most looking forward to is getting back to working out, but I'm trying something different this time around. Instead of kickboxing I'm going to try and take up swimming for a bit and see how I like it. There happens to be a spot near my office that is a health club with an indoor pool so I'm going to check them out. Here's hoping it'll be a gay old time.

The Whole Foods thing in Texas doesn't surprise me, but then again, a lot of crap that goes now nowadays doesn't surprise me either. I try to ignore stuff like that and continue on with my life. No sense in getting worked up over it.

XIII

Post by XIII »

You are not working out during Ramadan? What a wuss.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

...you know, I'd be more happy about being able to have sex anytime again than being able to workout again ;)

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:You are not working out during Ramadan? What a wuss.
I'm nowhere near as badass as you man.
jedispyder wrote:...you know, I'd be more happy about being able to have sex anytime again than being able to workout again ;)
No worries about that. Since Ramadan ended on my birthday, I got birthday sex and month-ending celibacy sex. We left no survivors and took no prisoners.

Btw, all this is detail for the benefit of XIII, who still gets freaked out at the prospect of me getting laid.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

It's not just XIII.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I actually feel weird when you call me XIII now.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Yay for hefty doses of sex, lol!
Mr Wallstreet wrote:Btw, all this is detail for the benefit of XIII, who still gets freaked out at the prospect of me getting laid.
So once I finally start getting lucky we can "double team" him with awkwardness ;)

MGM

Post by MGM »

XIII wrote:I actually feel weird when you call me XIII now.
I never call you anything but XIII. :D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

wolf_2099 wrote:It's not just XIII.
I would've thought you had a stronger constitution than that.
XIII wrote:I actually feel weird when you call me XIII now.
I assumed you wouldn't want me using your real name on a public message board, regardless of the fact that pretty much no one else but us frequent this place now.
jedispyder wrote:
So once I finally start getting lucky we can "double team" him with awkwardness ;)
...Now I'm freaked out.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I too had of the sex.

But I didn't go through Ramadan. So it really doesn't mean as much for the rest of you.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Wally, would you be open to trying to nab me two of the show specials at NYCC?

1 will be easy, but needs to be paid for, which I'll happily pay for.
It's the PIGS 1 con variant NYCC
http://www.comicsbeat.com/2011/09/15/pi ... atie-cook/

It'll probably sell out first day, but with the vendor pass it should be no problem to nad before opening.

1 will not be easy, but it's free.
Chris Claremont, Artist Alley
Wild Blood is Chris Claremont’s newest project. Be the first to see! Signed give-away to first 25 fans each day Chris is at the show. This will be rare and so very collectible!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Whew! Tired as a dog.

I rearranged all the comics I had in my boxes (not trades, just the floppies) on account of the cardboard boxes I had were falling apart and they were massively hard to move around. Initially, I brought 9 long boxes thinking that was all I needed, however I wound up underestimating how many floppies I had; so I got 6 more. I managed to organize most of my comics in an orderly fashion, for the time in my life, and arrange them so they'd be easy to get to. Currently all my comic boxes sit in a closet under a flight of stairs.

I was pretty surprised at what I had; there were a lot of variants and #1's of titles from the 90s. I had all but forgotten about my superficial phase. It took me roughly 4 weeks to organize them because I was only organizing them for one or two hours every saturday morning.

While organizing my books, I was also flipping through them (which also explains why it took me 4 weeks to organize them). A fair amount of the stuff I own doesn't read all that great now in comparison to how I felt when it came out. The most noticeable was Morrison's X-Men run. It didn't sound as great now as I believed it did when it came out.

Anyone else feel that way when reading some of their older stuff?

P.S.

The Chuck Austen stuff reads as spectacularly now as it did back then.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I agree and a lot of it, especially nineties stuff is trash.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Work today!!!!

Who is with me!?!?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Of course me, I have to work all Saturdays. It's frowned upon for me to take a Saturday off =o(

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I started kickboxing again last saturday, 4 days a week; Saturday & Monday - Wednesdy. And I'm still sore as hell. I swear it really does get more and more difficult every year. Right now during a 45 minute workout, I can usually do about half each workout routine. If were doing push-ups, sit ups, modified pushups, leg exercises etc...I can usually do about a little less than half of whatever number were doing before I stop for a breather.

As annoying as it is, I'm slowly getting better. Hopefully I'll have made some decent progress in another week.

XIII

Post by XIII »

You might need that soon, to keep Ismail in check!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:I started kickboxing again last saturday, 4 days a week; Saturday & Monday - Wednesdy. And I'm still sore as hell. I swear it really does get more and more difficult every year. Right now during a 45 minute workout, I can usually do about half each workout routine. If were doing push-ups, sit ups, modified pushups, leg exercises etc...I can usually do about a little less than half of whatever number were doing before I stop for a breather.

As annoying as it is, I'm slowly getting better. Hopefully I'll have made some decent progress in another week.
It gets better. It is an very hard full body workout, and coming back to it is always difficult.

Just remember, you need to be fit to play with your kid!