WWII

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

What did your sister decide to name her baby? Last I heard we were throwing you some middle-name ideas, but the first name had been decided.

Update!
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

XIII

Post by XIII »

Gail Karen.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:Image

I knew this thread was lacking something... Now it's complete.
:D :cool:

XIII wrote:Gail Karen.
<shudder> No <shudder> :(

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The French Biscuit wrote:What did your sister decide to name her baby? Last I heard we were throwing you some middle-name ideas, but the first name had been decided.

Update!
She named her Sofia which I guess is okay I guess, but I would have preferred she name her Zahara. I suppose that's water under the bridge now.

She still hasn't told me whether she gave her a middle name or initial though.

<torture>

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:She named her Sofia which I guess is okay I guess, but I would have preferred she name her Zahara.
You would prefer that she was named "Desert"?:(

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

No, just because Zahara rhymes with Sahara doesn't mean Zahara means "Desert".

It's an Egyptian name and I happen to like a lot of things Egyptian, including names. I can understand if people don't like it or think its weird but the only people who I expect will make fun of it in a malicious manner are children and dickheads.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

This weekend, like all others has zipped by. It was busy as usual. I spent Saturday just running errands well into the evening, at which point I was dog tired and spent the remainder of the night reading and watching movies.

Today, the weather was just too crappy for me to go out and do anything. Dreary clouds mixed with rain *yuck*

I was supposed to meet friends later on for Dim-Sum but I canceled; didn't want to go. It's the type of day where you just wanna stay in bed and watch tv.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Want some company for that? Image

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:No, just because Zahara rhymes with Sahara doesn't mean Zahara means "Desert".
But "Sahara" means desert in Arabic. Zahara is a derivative of Sahara and therefore it also means desert.

I'm not making fun of your niece. I'm just stating facts. But as Butch from Pulp Fiction so eloquently put it, "I'm an American, honey. Our names don't mean shit.":D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

ChimeraCreative wrote:Want some company for that? Image
Sure! Send Adam right over :D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Junkogen wrote:But "Sahara" means desert in Arabic. Zahara is a derivative of Sahara and therefore it also means desert.
Well, here is what I found when I googled it:

The girl's name Zahara \za-hara, zaha-ra\ is pronounced za-HAH-rah. It is of Arabic and Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "flowering; shining". See also Sahara, Zara, and Zohra.

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Zahara

I believed that Zahara meant something slightly different from "shining". But I also see what you're saying about Zahara sounding a lot like Sahara and the subsequent association of the word "desert". Even still, I don't think having your name mean "desert" is all that bad either.
I'm not making fun of your niece. I'm just stating facts. But as Butch from Pulp Fiction so eloquently put it, "I'm an American, honey. Our names don't mean shit.":D
I know you're not making fun of her, but I expect that is would happen to her (for a while at least) by other kids, until she grew up and made more mature friends. Lord knows growing up with a name like mine wasn't easy.

But ahh, correct me if I'm wrong my friend, but Wendorf doesn't sound too "American" either. What does your last name mean? :confused::)

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:
But ahh, correct me if I'm wrong my friend, but Wendorf doesn't sound too "American" either. What does your last name mean? :confused::)
What is "American"?

But to answer your question: Wendorf is a municipality in the Nordvorpommern district, in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany.

It's apparently just where some of my ancestors came from.

What does your name, "Farhan Sohail," mean?

ChimeraCreative

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Sure! Send Adam right over :D
You suck. I'm sure Adam would love that and I'd have to stay behind, make lunch, make supper, clean the house, take the dogs out, etc. You were my one true shining hope to escape this cruel excuse for a Sunday. *sob*

(totally disregard that I haven't done shit so far today and expect to continue doing shit tonight.)

ChimeraCreative

I know that Sofia and variations of it are pretty high on the Popular Girl Names list of 2008, so in that regard I'm let down a little. But it really is a perfectly cute and elegant name, hence why it's so popular. I think Zahara would have rocked.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

My last name "Sohail" means "To be Gentle"

And my first name "Farhan" means "To be happy"

Man, were my parent's off the mark on those counts :D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

ChimeraCreative wrote:You suck. I'm sure Adam would love that and I'd have to stay behind, make lunch, make supper, clean the house, take the dogs out, etc. You were my one true shining hope to escape this cruel excuse for a Sunday. *sob*

(totally disregard that I haven't done shit so far today and expect to continue doing shit tonight.)
I was reading in the other thread how busy he's been and will be and all the other projects he's got going on. Would you really begrudge me for being a little concerned for him and offering him rest and relaxation?. :o

ChimeraCreative

Mr Wallstreet wrote:I was reading in the other thread how busy he's been and will be and all the other projects he's got going on. Would you really begrudge me for being a little concerned for him and offering him rest and relaxation?. :o
... I can't think of a way out of this that doesn't make me look like a bitch pushing him into an early grave... :D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

ChimeraCreative wrote:I know that Sofia and variations of it are pretty high on the Popular Girl Names list of 2008, so in that regard I'm let down a little. But it really is a perfectly cute and elegant name, hence why it's so popular. I think Zahara would have rocked.

I ever have a daughter I'm going to name her "Zahara Isis ___" I haven't decided on her last name yet, but those will be her first and middle names.

Junkogen

Post by Junkogen »

ChimeraCreative wrote:... I can't think of a way out of this that doesn't make me look like a bitch pushing him into an early grave... :D
I thought that was the sole purpose of women.:D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Ouchies