XIII 2010 World Tour!

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

XIII

Post by XIII »

http://WWW.comicbookresources.com
Bleedingcool.com
Comicsbeat.com

MGM

Post by MGM »

Bleedingcool, of course!

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'd say a big part of the articles there are crap but sometimes you'll find the interesting stuff.
The best is Robot 6 at cbr.

XIII

Post by XIII »

My parents' home was burglarized yesterday afternoon, in fucking broad daylight. The thieves broke in through a basement window and searched the house for valuable items. In the end, they only wrecked my parents bedroom because they found more than enough stuff in there : all the jewelry from the family and the 93 gold coins that my mum had inherited from her godmother some years ago. The coins were dating back to the days of Napoleon and were worth between 100 and 150 euros each.
While the material loss is huge, I'm still relieved that my parents were absent the whole time. I can't even imagine what it would have been like if they had come back home while the thieves were there.
And they live in a very quiet small city in the countryside, not some seedy suburbs of big city.
The chances of catching the guys who did this are almost zero.
Fuck.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Shit ,man, that's terrible to hear!

The well-being of your parents is by far the most important thing here, so it's good to hear they're both fine.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Yeah. But I guess now they are going to spend a lot of time kicking themselves for keeping the gold coins in the house instead of a safe at the local bank.

On a more lively note, I got my book from Greg Rucka yesterday. The third "Queen & Country" novel: The Last Run.
And Rucka came through with his word: if you read the acknowledgements at the end of the book, it says "To Arnaud Savry, for late night translation work. My French is rusty; yours, sir, clearly is not".

HOLY SHIT!!! MY NAME IN A GREG RUCKA NOVEL!!!!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm very sorry to hear about your parent's home. I'm glad that they weren't there and are ok, but I do hope that the people who did it are found.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:My parents' home was burglarized yesterday afternoon, in fucking broad daylight. The thieves broke in through a basement window and searched the house for valuable items. In the end, they only wrecked my parents bedroom because they found more than enough stuff in there : all the jewelry from the family and the 93 gold coins that my mum had inherited from her godmother some years ago. The coins were dating back to the days of Napoleon and were worth between 100 and 150 euros each.
While the material loss is huge, I'm still relieved that my parents were absent the whole time. I can't even imagine what it would have been like if they had come back home while the thieves were there.
And they live in a very quiet small city in the countryside, not some seedy suburbs of big city.
The chances of catching the guys who did this are almost zero.
Fuck.
That really, really sucks. Did they have insurance?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII, I'm so sorry that happened to them. The loss of personal possessions that have both sentimental & material worth is terrible. Thankfully your parents are okay and, hopefully, they catch the scumbags who did this.

And congrats on getting a personal mention in a Rucka novel.

Next we'll probably see some of the conversations you had at Milanos in an Azzerallo's Spaceman

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Sorry to hear about your parents' home invasion, I know how that feels and it's a world of stank. Thank goodness they weren't home.

Now I have to find this Greg Rucka novel and be all "See this guy's name? I know who that is." :)
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

MGM

Post by MGM »

French boy, you use Amazon for your TP's, right? You'll have to take a look at thebookdepository.co.uk sometime soon. They're fucking cheap and no shipping costs! I'm definitely grabbing the 100 Bullets and the Punisher MAX trades from there once I've scraped some money together.

XIII

Post by XIII »

That's what I plan on doing, yeah. Compare between Amazon and bookdepository. The discount isn't as good on depository but there's no shipping cost which can be quite high on Amazon.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Though, the good example is the Taschen DC book. It's still cheaper to get it on Amazon US with shipping than on bookdepository with free cheaping. So yeah, comparing is really important.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I've actually inadvertantly used The Book Depository while using Amazon. You know how some products you find aren't available from Amazon, but another person/site is allowed to use Amazon to list their goods? Well, on the UK site, this is known as Amazon Marketplace. The Book Depository tends to be one of the first in a list of 'other sellers' on the Amazon Marketplace.

In other news. Arn, from the latest House to Astonish podcast, it looks like Al Kennedy went to Thought Bubble last week. He's interviewed Anthony Johnson and Gillen and Mckelvie. I can now add Kennedy to a list of comics people I've failed to meet, when I otherwise should have.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Stocky Boy wrote:I've actually inadvertantly used The Book Depository while using Amazon. You know how some products you find aren't available from Amazon, but another person/site is allowed to use Amazon to list their goods? Well, on the UK site, this is known as Amazon Marketplace. The Book Depository tends to be one of the first in a list of 'other sellers' on the Amazon Marketplace.

In other news. Arn, from the latest House to Astonish podcast, it looks like Al Kennedy went to Thought Bubble last week. He's interviewed Anthony Johnson and Gillen and Mckelvie. I can now add Kennedy to a list of comics people I've failed to meet, when I otherwise should have.
It's callaed amazon marketplace here, too.

I almost did this with BD as well, but using abebooks.com
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Stocky Boy wrote:I've actually inadvertantly used The Book Depository while using Amazon. You know how some products you find aren't available from Amazon, but another person/site is allowed to use Amazon to list their goods? Well, on the UK site, this is known as Amazon Marketplace. The Book Depository tends to be one of the first in a list of 'other sellers' on the Amazon Marketplace.

I loved that 50th Episode. Great fun all around. I've tried listening to other podcasts but nothing beats Paul & Al.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm marriiiiiiiieeedddddddddddddd!

MGM

Post by MGM »

Do you feel less alive yet? :D

Enjoy the good life!

:chewie:

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I let Cap'n Jack know and he said congrats on both the wedding and the upcoming child.

MGM

Post by MGM »

You got any idea what's keeping Astonishing Spidey & Wolverine #4, by chance?