XIII 2010 World Tour!

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

XIII

Post by XIII »

So yeah, my phone is fucked, I'm upgrading to Galaxy S4.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Off to Barcelona. For work. No time for sightseeing unfortunately.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Will there time for comic book shop hunting?

XIII

Post by XIII »

Already queueing for the flight home...

XIII

Post by XIII »

So, terrorist attack today in Paris. You've probably heard of it. I'm gutted. Those guys were cartoonists. Satirical cartoonists. Killed because they drew. This is a crazy world.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Scary stuff! The world is a fucked up place :(

MGM

Post by MGM »

It's unmissable. Thankfully pretty much every Western cartoonist condemned it today. And although I'd never publicly announce such a thing (I never do, it's too easy a way to 'stand up'), je suis Charlie.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I kinda know what you mean. I don't think I deserve to say, "Je suis Charlie" because I know I don't have the courage the Charlie cartoonists had.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Very shocking and sad to hear about. I've not read up in detail on the issue but I can imagine how this has affected the country, as well as drumming up international support. I hope things calm down soon enough and things like this don't continue.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I am sorry as well, and I don't even know what else to say. The fact someone would respond to a cartoon with a murderous terrorist attack is reprehensible.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Awful, awful atrocity. I hope you and your loved ones are, and remain safe.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Today 4 million people descended in the streets of France to show those fuckers that they didn't win. 4 millions.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

It is pleasing to see so many in that march and many world leaders too.

It's about time the world unambiguously stood up for freedom of speech.
During the Salman Rushdie and the Dannish cartoon affairs, it felt like the world media and world leaders were fully behind supporting people who can't seem to express their opinion without violence when they feel offended.

I kind of feel that this sort of atrocity had to happen in a country like France who are very secular for the world to realise that the victim was the satirist/critic/author and not the over sensitive religious nuts expecting an excessive demand of respect from people who hold different opinions.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Oh for fuck's sake, the employee comitee of my company is offering for all co-workers a week in New York at the unbeatable price of 700 euros. This includes the return ticket with Air France, 5 hotel nights and breakfast. 700 euros.
And guess when? Right during the week of NYCC Special Edition.
So of course, I'm not going to go. Not going to leave Malorie for a whole week on our own with the kids and also we are saving up at the moment to try and buy a bigger appartment next summer (so that we all have our own bedroom) but damn you gotta admit that's heartbreakingn to have to pass on such an opportunity...

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

...I think you should give this some more thought. Create a power point presentation and show it to Malorie, highlighting the pros and pros of coming to NY during Special Edition.

I believe you.

MGM

Post by MGM »

While I understand you don't want to do this, I would also advise to think it over very, very well. It's a great opportunity for relative low costs. Sure, food and drinks, but you can make that as cheap as you want.

On the other hand, you'd probably spend all that extra money on comic items. ;) Is it possible to hand over the ticket to someone else? Say, me? :D

XIII

Post by XIII »

Hold the bus, I just noticed that if I want a hotel room for myself (that means not sharing the room with a stranger from AXA Assistance) I have to pay an extra 645 eeuro.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

1) Do you get to choose what days you want to visit or does it HAVE to be June 8th - 14th?

XIII

Post by XIII »

It is June 3rd - 9th.
They pay the return direct flight with Air France and 5 nights at the Ameritana Hotel on Times Square. And breakfast.

But not second breakfast. Second breakfast is on me if I go.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Sorry, What? Second breakfast?