Ty's Mood Monitor

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Monsters vs Aliens was pretty cool. The cockroach sounded nothing like Dr House though, I knew it was him and I still couldn't hear it.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

Fasheem wrote:Monsters vs Aliens was pretty cool. The cockroach sounded nothing like Dr House though, I knew it was him and I still couldn't hear it.
I didn't know until after I saw his name in the credits, and I was all "really? Really?"

I kinda hear it now. He's speaking with his accent in a high-cartoony voice (it helps if you've seen any of his earlier works before he went to the US).

I also want to see that "UP" movie and of course "Astro Boy"!
...um just for the record I don't JUST watch cartoon movies...I also watch a lot of movies based on comic books. ^_^

I remember back on Halloween they played "Army of Darkness" in a theatre downtown. THAT was awesome! :coolgleam:

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

Oh, and a Anime North update:
I will no longer be dressing up.
My brother, the eternal spoil-sport talked me out of it with the only argument that wuz gonna work.
Not the ridiculousness of dressing up, but the ridiculousness of a twenty-something dressiing up as a five-or-so-year old.
Sigh. There wuz no arguing with that.

But now I've got no other options and the con is next month.
Guess I'll be goin' as me again. ^_^

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

Oh m' gosh.
I am such a sad, sad nerd! :blush5:

I wuz crying my eyes out last night!
I got the last season of "Doctor Who" on DVD and the last two episodes got me so emotionally involved...I cried at the finale (not @ that mushy surreal stuff with Rose, but the very end).:bigcry:

Sigh. I'm glad I wuz only watching it with Morgan. That show quickly found m' soft underbelly! :e2cry:

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Tyran-ne wrote: My brother, the eternal spoil-sport talked me out of it with the only argument that wuz gonna work.
Not the ridiculousness of dressing up, but the ridiculousness of a twenty-something dressing up as a five-or-so-year old.
Remind me (a twenty-something) to act like a five year old and kick John in the nuts when I see him. :razz:
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Python

Post by Python »

Tyran-ne wrote:Oh, and a Anime North update:
I will no longer be dressing up.
My brother, the eternal spoil-sport talked me out of it with the only argument that wuz gonna work.
Not the ridiculousness of dressing up, but the ridiculousness of a twenty-something dressiing up as a five-or-so-year old.

But now I've got no other options and the con is next month.
Guess I'll be goin' as me again. ^_^
So dress as someone who is around your age, then. :monocle:

I've only cosplayed one time, about 4-5 years ago (Kougaiji from Saiyuki), but I would do it again. It's fun. =o) I keep trying to grow my hair out so I can go as Spike Spiegel, but I always end up cutting my hair.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

Python wrote:So dress as someone who is around your age, then. :monocle:
Hahahahahaha.
I don't have time to make a real costume. 'sides I can't think of anyone who's relatively my age, my gender, and doesn't dress improbably, skanky, or improbably skanky. heh.

Python wrote:I've only cosplayed one time, about 4-5 years ago (Kougaiji from Saiyuki), but I would do it again. It's fun. =o) I keep trying to grow my hair out so I can go as Spike Spiegel, but I always end up cutting my hair.
Rully? Urg. That does sound fun.
I need to make friends with somebody who can sew outfits. >_<

Guys have it a lot easier. Go to value village an' get a blue suit, or get a jeans/t-shirt/hat combo to look like one of many male characters. ;p

Python

Post by Python »

Kougaiji wasn't as easy as just going to the store and picking up random articles of clothing.

He's the one on the left. I pretty much had to alter a jacket to add the white lining all around the edges of the jacket, which was time-consuming, yet fun. The pants were easy, but the grey shin-guard thingies were difficult to do.

The best part of cosplaying is that you can make a complete ass out of yourself and everyone will think it's normal. =oD
Tyran-ne wrote:Hahahahahaha.
I don't have time to make a real costume. 'sides I can't think of anyone who's relatively my age, my gender, and doesn't dress improbably, skanky, or improbably skanky. heh.
You can't go wrong with a school-girl outfit.

Some of the better male character cosplay I've seen:

MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

Wow that's awesome. ^_^

You know I seem to remember I have half of a Death God costume SOMEwhere.
I wonder who ended up with that?
Won a halloween costume contest with that, but never got to wear it to the con...

Anyhoo, here's an awesomtacular Ice Cosplay pic I found:

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

MOOD: EXHAUSTED!!!

They kept me at work until 8:30 pm today! I didn't get home 'til after 9. *whine*
And they asked me to go in EARLY tomorrow!

WOW! For someone they FIRED two months ago they sure need me around!!!!

Sigh. I could use the pay though. I missed two days last week 'cuz my blood pressure took a major dip at the same time my cold caused nausea and vomiting, keeping me from being able to eat and even being able to TRY to get my blood pressure back up.

F'n arg!

Luckily when I got home my boyfriend had supper waiting for me.
So tired and hungy! >_<

Sigh. An' my mom isn't answering the phone so I can wish her a happy birthday. :e2bummed:

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Tyran-ne wrote:MOOD: EXHAUSTED!!!

Sigh. An' my mom isn't answering the phone so I can wish her a happy birthday. :e2bummed:
I called early but she was in London with John and Mark. She called me back tonight though. She's doing pretty good and is getting the shot in her back tomorrow.

Remember, when calling mom, call early and call often. :dozey:
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

Tyran-ne

Post by Tyran-ne »

Gah!

I am so tired and cranky!

I work late every single weekday!
And since the person they gave m' old job to QUIT and is leaving in two weeks I get to look forward to doing THAT hell job again. :ranting:
AND this Tuesday I have to go to a work "party" at 7:30pm directly after I finish working.
At this "party" I will have to take attendance, make coffee, clean up, listen to work-related speeches, and also deal with clients bitching at me.
And since it is a "party" it is an obligation and I'm NOT GONNA GET PAID FOR IT.
I'll probably get home around 10:30-11:00 at freaking night, grab something to eat, and then go directly to bed so I can get up EARLY so I can go directly back to that place!
Huffhuffhuff!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Update your resume. And spread it around. Your job can't be that bad if the effort of looking for a new one still looks like too much work. If it was really that bad, looking for a new job would look like nothing compared to working there for another month.

I change jobs like I move house. It's the only way to be. :coolgleam:
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

CountD

Post by CountD »

Tyran-ne wrote:Gah!

I am so tired and cranky!

I work late every single weekday!
And since the person they gave m' old job to QUIT and is leaving in two weeks I get to look forward to doing THAT hell job again. :ranting:
AND this Tuesday I have to go to a work "party" at 7:30pm directly after I finish working.
At this "party" I will have to take attendance, make coffee, clean up, listen to work-related speeches, and also deal with clients bitching at me.
And since it is a "party" it is an obligation and I'm NOT GONNA GET PAID FOR IT.
I'll probably get home around 10:30-11:00 at freaking night, grab something to eat, and then go directly to bed so I can get up EARLY so I can go directly back to that place!
Huffhuffhuff!
Ty when angry...