Cogito, Ergo Doleo

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Started going through the comics leftover at my mom's. I have about 30 long boxes there and they're moving soon so I'm thinking of just trying to get rid of a few of them by selling them for dirt cheap. I expect to take a severe loss on most but oh well.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Funny finding out I bought an issue I didn't remember buying. Found out I have Think Tank #1, which is going for $20 on eBay. I wonder what other "hidden gems" I have that bought and never read...

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Dan and I are having a yard sale today yet I'm stuck at work. My boss wouldn't let me take the day off with such short notice (it was short notice on the yard sale as well, we had planned for a Sunday only to find out the village wide yard sale is on Saturday). Finally breaking out of my hoarding mentality and selling a bunch of action figures, VHS, and magazines. I really hope all of it is gone when I get home but I'd be lucky to get rid of half. Maybe if we don't do well we can have it again another day.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Sold a little but not as much as I hoped. Ended up making $24 off my stuff. Guess I'll put a lot of the action figures up on eBay since I can get something for them.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I think tonight is my 10 year high school reunion. I decided not to go, too many bad memories from high school.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Had a quick check-up with the doctor, all things went well. I'm losing weight but not as fast as I hoped. The doctor is happy with my progress, though, saying as long as the trend continues he'll keep being happy. Had blood pulled to check to see if any of that has improved, hopefully it has...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Yay! Keep at it.

What are you doing to lose the weight?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Right now I'm primarily riding my recumbent exercise bike (I can usually get 15-20 minutes/2.5-3 miles before my knees hurt to the point of having to stop) and I've started taking walks. Hopefully once it gets colder outside I can take longer walks but right now the heat gets to me after a little under a mile. Cap'n Jack has a weight bench that we're clearing out the basement so we can use, and we want to get a weight bag.

I'm also watching what I eat, trying to eat a better mix and giving up high sugary items. I've also given up items with high fructose corn syrup if I can avoid them (luckily most items with HFCS offer regular sugar substitutes at a slightly higher cost, which I consider worth it).

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Bit by bit it's getting easier for me to use the exercise bike. Today I was able to do 3.5 miles in 20 minutes (by far not great for normal people). The other day when I wasn't paying attention I did 5.5 miles in 30 minutes, my personal best! My knees are still bothering me but not as much as before.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Past week I've had some trouble with my left ear. Started with it itching a lot and obviously you can't scratch the inside of your ear. I did the big no-no of using a q-tip to relieve the itch, yet pushed too far and fucked it up. On Saturday everything in the left ear was slightly static/fuzzy. Each day it started increasing in fuzziness and every once in awhile numb with a bit of painful pressure. And today my whole head felt like a cavern with echos all around. Fuck, not good.

Today I went to The Little Clinic, which is a new health care part of the local Kroger locations. They're run by nurse practitioners and usually you have no wait (if I went to my general doctor or an ENT then I'd have to wait several days likely). They were so nice and helpful! The nurse who helped me flushed my ear with hydrogen peroxide and water, getting a large piece of wax that had been lodged in the ear drum. I'm talking humongous, like taking a kidney bean and squishing it thin and long. Likely an inch long. That's pretty fucking crazy! Automatically I could equalize and hear again. Fantastic!

Moral of the story, don't abuse q-tips or you'll pay.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Had to go back to The Little Clinic as my ear started messing with me again last week. It slowly was clogged and the ear wax remover drops I bought did nothing. Ending up it did nothing for a reason: I have an infect. Lots and lots of pus in the ear which explains why the wax remover does nothing. Got on antibiotics (drops and pills) so hopefully I'll be able to kick the infection in the next few days. Until then, basically no hearing in one ear because it's so full of pus.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Had the usual 3-month checkup with the doctor today. He's still pleased with how I'm doing, medication still working and such. I'm only down 4 pounds for the last 3 months but he's still happy with that. Even though I'm not. Hopefully this next 3 months will be better. I do like that I had to start wearing a belt last month and there are times where I can advance to the next hole, that's how I know what I'm doing is working even if it's too slooooow for me.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

My old car so I had to get a new one. It's nice so far but I haven't had a chance to drive it all that much. We've been plagued by snow (my city refers to it as the White Death because even though we get the same type each year, each year majority of the citizens freak out and forget how to drive in snow and act like fucktards).

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Not enough Peter Capaldi in the Christmas episode for my liking.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Of course not, the new regenerations are their form of torture. "Have a sneak peek and then wait 8-9 months to see how the Doctor really acts!"

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

The last week has been hell. Last Monday my new car got a flat tire after I evidently ran over a broken bottle, luckily it was cheap for them to patch up. Wednesday my comic retailer hadn't received all the new comics so there goes a bit of my joy. Friday I wake up with bad [TMI] diarrhea and puking, eventually having to leave work after another bout of projectile vomiting. Get home to rest and only have 1 more bout of projectile vomiting, sadly this time all over my clean laundry basket. Dad has to bring me some Pedialyte to replenish my fluids with electrolytes/vitamins/minerals. Saturday still feel queasy but much better, yet now my ear feels weird. Sunday the ear gets worse, it's the one I had the infection in last year so of course I know what's up. I go to see some Nurse Practitioners after work on Monday and yep, another ear infection as well as a temperature of 100 degrees F (37.8 degrees C). Now I'm going to have to hope the ENT I went to a decade ago still considers me a patient and will make me an appointment soon so have my ear checked out by a professional.

I really need something good to happen, lol. Best thing that's happened is I got awesome Lego sets, yet I've felt too out of it/sick to put together yet.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Last 6 sketch covers for my wall.
You can see the full series here.
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=153422

The wall.
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m51 ... b5e183.jpg
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Celebrated my 30th birthday yesterday. Very low key stuff. Saw a movie and lunch with my dad. Spent time with my mom, brother, sis-in-law, and nieces including dinner at a new taco joint in the "hipster" community. Read some original TMNT comics at moms for a bit. Then came home to Cap'n Jack and his friends playing Cards Against Humanity and joined in, actually winning 4 rounds! I did go super-dark/I'm-Going-To-Hell after Cap'n Jack got the card "Old people smell like _____" and I submitted "Auschwitz" as my answer. Yeah, Cards Against Humanity definitely brings out the worst in people!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Had an interview today for a web programming position in the main office. I think the interview went well so here's hoping!

XIII

Post by XIII »

Fingers crossed!