Angel Investigations: We Help the Bored

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I debated on English/Journalism in high school, but towards the end decided on teaching. The thing is though, that I want to do about 20 other different things with my life, so I'm not sure if I'll ever be truly satisfied with any job.

And I'm 21. In my third year of college.. with about 2 more to go...

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Tragic Angelus wrote:English.. I plan on being a High School English teacher, and I want to get a degree in Classical Studies with a focus in Mythology.. and maybe teach that at a college level.
Do you want to teach at a college level or teach in college? Because they are two different things.

Don't know how it works elsewhere but to teach at a college in NY as a full professor, you need to have a doctorate in your field and be regularly published.

Journalism is fun. I briefly toyed with the idea of being a journalist in college before changing my major (several times); I took a year of journalism in college. Much fun was had.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:
Also, I don't remember, what's your real age?
Tragic Angelus wrote:
And I'm 21. In my third year of college.. with about 2 more to go...
...You need to switch the 2 and the 1. That would then be his real age. ;):D

XIII

Post by XIII »

21?

I knew that. Just wanted to hear from you to see if it would sound more believable. But nope, you're still not 21 to me. :D

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Do you want to teach at a college level or teach in college? Because they are two different things.

Don't know how it works elsewhere but to teach at a college in NY as a full professor, you need to have a doctorate in your field and be regularly published.
In a way, you can do both here.. But I do want a Doctorate in Mythology, it's just ways away. But I have professors here who don't yet have their PhDs, but have their Masters, or teach as adjuncts or graduate students. They pay is much less, but yea having a doctorate helps get the job, and yes you do have to publish on a regular basis.

And yes, 21, but forever 12. :)

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

So I've been lazy as fuck all weekend long.. Yesterday I did nothing but watch TV, and surf the net.. didn't even START contributing to my homework. Today I at least managed to finish reading Twelfth Night, even though I should've read it 2 weeks ago when I was supposed to.

And now I have to write a paper concerning personas and persons and performances in the plays we've read thus far (Hamlet, Twelfth Night, and Measure for Measure) but I'm still not fully certain how I want to go about it.. I'll be doing it later though because I'm about to have some company.. or at least hopefully soon I will. She shoudl be here anytime and I'm not gonna start writing until later on in the evening, like I normally do.

Another week.. I really don't think I can do anymore college, ever again. I'm ready to give up and do nothing forever. That sounds like a plan.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Young AND irresponsible!! Goddamn it Edbert, don't have me chain you to your desk so that you do your homework!
You think we want some jobless young bum in the BX HQ. You'll get a matress in the basement.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Aren't most of us bums anyway? :D

And hey, the paper was finished in less than 2 hours, which is long for me really.. only took so long because I was enjoying hooka at the same time, but other than that I think it went over well when we did our peer review today.

Going to see Cornell West speak tonight on campus. Should be good. i don't know much of him but from what little I've read it should prove interesting. I'm also going to try to get some tickets for Maya Angelou since she'll be here on Sunday. Just hope she hasn't sold out.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

So last night.. I had a rather intense, vivid, and memorable dream that has lasted in my head all day long.

And the minute I woke up from it, for one reason or another, it has left me with this utterly ominous feeling.. Like I just know something bad will happen soon.. like some major karmic thing is about to happen in relation to me. Or hell, someone around me and affect me by degrees.

You know how people say that 'the storm is coming' or 'the black clouds are looming'.. well it's not even that.. it's like the storm is here and the clouds are already overhead and stretched out around me.. now I'm just waiting for the lightning to strike somewhere. But i just don't know where, or on whom, it will strike.

But on the bright side, in my dream I did get to have a minor make out with Sarah Chalke from Scrubs. Almost balancing out the feelings, though I think she then caused them.. hmmm...

Ok, headed to the coffee house to try to do some homework. It's a nice evening, and I don't want to be cooped up in here to do it. Gonna walk there for more exercise, since I walked home yesterday and today.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I wouldn't read much into your dream, at least not yet anyway. It's important to listen to your gut feeling but don't walk on egg shells all day because of it.

Out of curiosity, what was this dream about?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Trust me, it wasn't the dream i payed attention to, but rather the feeling I had after I woke up from it. A feeling that took alllll day to get rid of.

Basically... it was just another 'episode of Scrubs' dream, taking the count up to two, only this time I was both myself and JD at the same time.. kinda weird.. and it was one of those not so happy funny episodes, but like the constant moral reminder at the end the whooole dream...

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thought you'd like to know, I ordered the first 2 trades of Manhunter. I should be receiving them shortly. I look forward to enjoying them.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Right on! It's really a good under-appreciated book, who's fans really only came out whenever it was threatend with cancelation. I really enjoyed Kate Spencer and her turn as a 'I'll do whatever I have to' type of hero. Let me know what you think!!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I haven't yet read Manhunter, but my brother has read both trades and loves them which probably means I'll enjoy them as well. Good show Edbert!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

See, it really was a good read. The only problem was the hiatus at times made me totally forget what was going on at the time, and keeping up with plot lines was a little shakey. But having it in trade form should correct that.

Eff, I always forget I have this bio thread.. Back home from spring break, unpacked, relaxed, hung out with the roommate.. and now i can't sleep. 2.40 in the morning, and while I don't have major things to do tomorrow, I still have to try and get back on a regular day tomorrow, you know? Classes again on Monday... Can't freaking wait..

CountD

Post by CountD »

I read Manhunter, it was good but didn't resonate with me for some reason.

Borrowed issues then gave 'em back to my friend here at work.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Tragic, if I mind another set of the Legion Great Darkness Saga, do you want me to let you know?
I know a couple guys who specialize in back issues from that time and I should be seeing them all over Christmas.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Manhunter was pretty awesome. Don't know anything about the back up strips going on currently though. Oh, other than she's now in Gotham.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I don't care much for the back-up strips.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Ed, do I remember reading at some point you were eventually going to try and get the george perez teen titans stuff?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."