Angel Investigations: We Help the Bored

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Why even power through 1 and not skip to 2?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Because 1 is only six episodes, so you spend like.. 2 and a half hours only on it. It really introduces everyone, and what the main characters are like. You can pick up on it after awhile in season 2, but seeing as how season 1 is only like, 6 episodes you can get through it easily.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

2 and a half hours that could be post whoring! I couldn't make it through 1 episode of season 1.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The first one is really good! But I would say watch while you post whore! That's what I'm doing!!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I am watching How I Met Your Mother

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I saw an episode of that.. I was.. unsure what to think mostly.. maybe I should try seeing more of them to get it tho

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Yes. Neil Patrick Harris, Alysson Hannigan and Jason Segal are great.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

How I Met Your Mother is great. I've caught episodes here and there but I'm hoping to grab the entire series soon enough.

The brunette chick is balls hott.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I still haven't seen the entire final season of Angel yet and I've had the series for about 2 years now. <sigh> Never enough time.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I have the entire series, that special box that came out, haven't watched it yet though. Still haven't seen the first 2 seasons.

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:I still haven't seen the entire final season of Angel yet and I've had the series for about 2 years now. <sigh> Never enough time.
I haven't seen all of it either and I used to really like it. I never liked it as much as Buffy though, Buffy was my idol in high school. :cool:
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Lovely Lady and gentlemen, you MUST see the endings and beginnings!!! Personally, the fourth and fifth seasons of Angel are my favorites, and Season 1 and 2 are pretty good as well. 3 really is my least favorite but it still has it's moments.

I'd watch HIMYM for Neil Patrick Harris.. after his comeback in Harold and Kumar I was sold on him all over again.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The French Biscuit wrote:I haven't seen all of it either and I used to really like it. I never liked it as much as Buffy though, Buffy was my idol in high school. :cool:
Buffy and Angel seemed like two completely different television shows as they both progressed.

Buffy was able to maintain a lightheartedness despite dealing with more adult issues.

Angel, as a series, dealt with darker and darker issues while slowly losing some its lightheartedness but not its humor.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Tragic Angelus wrote:Lovely Lady and gentlemen, you MUST see the endings and beginnings!!! Personally, the fourth and fifth seasons of Angel are my favorites, and Season 1 and 2 are pretty good as well. 3 really is my least favorite but it still has it's moments.

I'd watch HIMYM for Neil Patrick Harris.. after his comeback in Harold and Kumar I was sold on him all over again.
I agree, 4th and 5th seasons of Angel were the absolute best. Since I have yet to see the entire 5th season, I'll say I thought the 4th season was just balls to the walls awesome.

NPH is always cool.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I liked Angel more than buffy, the dark noir-y feel to it.

Better cast, too, I thought.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

I also haven't watched the fifth season of Angel yet. I've been putting it off for literally years.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Me too. The TV schedule for that season was ABSURD here. Wait, that was the fourth season. I think they changed time at least twice, stopped halfway the season during summer, only to start over again after summer. Las tthing I saw was the put the kid in the water. After that I just gave up.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Gotta love it when TV stations do that. Like for the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Do they want it to get canned?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Generally that's how it seems to go. I remember Angel changing nights about 3 times in Season 4.. from Like, Tuesday, to Sunday, to Wednesday where it stayed the remainder of the show.

The second half of Season 5 is phenominal. There's only one episode out of 11 there that I really don't care much for and could ignore, but other than that it's spectacular, and definitely worth watching asap.

I hate how karma tends to align and pile up about 5 different projects on you all due in the same week, within 3 days of each other.. how and why does this happen? Do professors all get together and vote on which weeks to make papers, exams and projects all occur? Or is it just payback for something I haven't realized I did yet?

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Tragic Angelus wrote: Do professors all get together and vote on which weeks to make papers, exams and projects all occur?
Yes.
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet