Flaming First Thread

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Python wrote:^
That is good advice.

The only thing I would be concerned about the Yorkton position is whether or not the business will succeed. If it does, you're golden and your efforts would be a big reason for that success. If not, you're out of a job, but you can always get another.
True, but I think they're going to do quite well. They have the materials (printers, etc.) to do it, we just need to work a bit on how we present ourselves.

And by "we" I mean mostly me. I've been set the task of designing their upcoming newsletter, the interior artwork and layout of the shop and marketing materials.

Wish me luck. :chewie:
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

The French Biscuit

Designer by Day...

Dastardly Slaker by Night. That pretty much describes the last few weeks. I go to work, which is pretty awesome, and come home and don't get around to much extra design work.

The last few weeks have been a real eye opener for what the "Real World" is like in the design field. Usually, we're under the gun and have to get things out fast. I have had the pleasure of doing more creative things than setting business cards 10-up.

Design Triumphs
Banner for ABLE BBQ
I Candy business cards
Quick Print newsletter
Banners for Sunrise Health Region

O.K. it's a short list, but everybody starts somewhere. Most of what I do is just printing files that come in, or making forms for local businesses.

I've got this nagging idea in my head that it'd be a cool publicity gimmick to do an Design show at the art gallery with both my own and my partner in design Ken's old (or slightly newer) work.

Comraderie around the office is quite good. There are only a pair of people I try to avoid, and one of them works downstairs so I hardly ever see him anyway. The other is only annoying some of the time, and again, she works up front (away from me).

So far, so good. :D
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

The French Biscuit

Today I achieve Nerdvana

I supped up my parents computer today by doing the following;

Vaccumed all the cobwebs out of the inside. (seriously)
Doubled their RAM.
Fixed Norton so it doesn't pester them with a backup reminder every freakin day.
Fixed a door on their computer desk so it actually closes.

And after all that, I thought I'd have to re-set up my wireless network because it hasn't been letting me log on for days. I tried it today and lo, it likes me again. I'm as confused as I am happy. :D

Now if only someone would fix Facebook. :e2bummed:
Biscuit AWAY!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

The French Biscuit wrote:Today I achieve Nerdvana

Now if only someone would fix Facebook. :e2bummed:
I'd say you could fix it by deleting it, but you can't even do that anymore.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

The French Biscuit

wolf_2099 wrote:I'd say you could fix it by deleting it, but you can't even do that anymore.
Facebook is the real Skynet.
Biscuit AWAY!

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Facebook has Mafia Wars and since I've just discovered it and it passes the time at work, I'm loving the Facebook.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

The French Biscuit wrote:Facebook is the real Skynet.
:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

XIII

Post by XIII »

Stocky Boy wrote:Facebook has Mafia Wars and since I've just discovered it and it passes the time at work, I'm loving the Facebook.
Do you ever work?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:Do you ever work?
Didn't you hear? Stocky is dating his boss now!
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

The French Biscuit

Stocky Boy wrote:Facebook has Mafia Wars and since I've just discovered it and it passes the time at work, I'm loving the Facebook.
Mafia Wars is weird, I have apparently "helped" people without actually doing anything (least as far as I know, since I've logged in maybe twice.)

What's your actual "job" again? ;)
Biscuit AWAY!

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Well, I turn up at work and play Mafia Wars. My official hours are 09:30 to 17:30. I tend to get in around 08:10 though. I work five days a week with 25 days paid holiday and I get paid a salary each month.

Sometimes it's hard to get on with playing Mafia Wars because people don't send round energy packs like they should. Plus other people bug me about sales data and stuff. :D

When you have friends who are also using Mafia Wars and you fight other people for experience points, you bring your 'crew' with you. So, every now and again, when I fight someone, I get informed that Don Biscy helped me. The stronger your friends are the bigger the help. If the person I attacked had money on them, it's split between us.

I think you'll find you'll have time to play this at work when you're fully settled in. :D

Everything going great?

The French Biscuit

Stocky Boy wrote:Well, I turn up at work and play Mafia Wars. My official hours are 09:30 to 17:30. I tend to get in around 08:10 though. I work five days a week with 25 days paid holiday and I get paid a salary each month.

Sometimes it's hard to get on with playing Mafia Wars because people don't send round energy packs like they should. Plus other people bug me about sales data and stuff. :D

When you have friends who are also using Mafia Wars and you fight other people for experience points, you bring your 'crew' with you. So, every now and again, when I fight someone, I get informed that Don Biscy helped me. The stronger your friends are the bigger the help. If the person I attacked had money on them, it's split between us.

I think you'll find you'll have time to play this at work when you're fully settled in. :D

Everything going great?
You are a gem, Stockwell. :D L! Don Biscy is always at your service. :coolgleam:

Everything is still pretty great. There are only a couple of flies in the ointment. They are;

Press Guy and Accountant.

I think it's cooler to call them by their titles cause it sounds more villainous this way.

More on them next time.
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

I Can Has Kitty?

I can, I can!

This is Luna, our new cat. Somebody dumped this adorable little cat off at my cousin's farm, but since she's allergic she gave her to us. :D Huzzah for me, shame on whoever dropped her off.
Biscuit AWAY!

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

What type is that? Fur looks nice and fluffy. Face looks a little peeved.

XIII

Post by XIII »

It looks evil, like all cats do. Obviously, he has plans to take over the world.

The French Biscuit

Stocky: Not sure. She's definitely a cat though, that much is certain.

XIII: :D

Kitty has since moved to my cousins' farm, seeing as we have two cats in the house already, and they only have one. She's happier over there I think, she lords it over their cat with queen-like grace. :D
Biscuit AWAY!

ChimeraCreative

Man, I am so banned from getting anymore pets. >.<
However! Mom found an injured rabbit in the front yard and picked it up. It's a domesticated critter some a-hole released outside. He's got a gimpy foot, but he's all mine now. ^_^

And because this thread isn't about me... HIYA BISCUIT! ^_^ Cold enough for you? I thought we were going to get an Indian summer but it just keeps getting colder out here.

And by the by, if I was to take a trip across Canada what kinda things would I wanna see out by where you are? ^_^

The French Biscuit

When did work become my life?

Yeah, it kind of has. Last week we had a fun night at the Business After Hours thing. Good thing I went or it would have been up to my cousin to man the table all by herself most of the night. We were joined by our Boss and the Accountant, who is now the Boss's "new best friend".

We gagged at this. Often.

The actual evening was pretty good. I was disapponted because I spent a lot of time coming up with samples, extra flyers for people to take with them, a banner, and cute "thanks for coming to our table" cards. I handed out maybe 10 cards, I printed and folded about 100. Ditto for the flyers and hardly anyone was around to see the rest of the stuff. :-P

The banner was a bit of a fiasco as well. I made it too short for the pole that came with the base, so I could only pull out about 95% of the banner. Which was fine actually, it still looked good, but Press Guy decided to "help".

By "help" I mean, shove a crappy looking, tape-wrapped stick up the top of the pole to make it longer so I could pull out the rest of the banner.

It looked ridiculous and crappy. :finger: I was fuming in my little Biscuity head, but I learned a valuable lesson. If I say it (whatever it may be) looks good, I must must not let anyone else touch it. Ever!

This weekend kinda sucked. I was sick on Saturday, so I spent today playing catch-up on the stuff I wanted to get done for Monday. I carved two jack-o-lanterns and made some halloween origami for the office. Jacks look good, the origami is a different matter.

Biscuit, AWAY!
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

ChimeraCreative wrote:Man, I am so banned from getting anymore pets. >.<
However! Mom found an injured rabbit in the front yard and picked it up. It's a domesticated critter some a-hole released outside. He's got a gimpy foot, but he's all mine now. ^_^

And because this thread isn't about me... HIYA BISCUIT! ^_^ Cold enough for you? I thought we were going to get an Indian summer but it just keeps getting colder out here.

And by the by, if I was to take a trip across Canada what kinda things would I wanna see out by where you are? ^_^
Wee bunny! :D Our neighbours have bunnies, and they're so cute! :D

Yes, it is plenty cold enough for me. I get teased at work for coming in with my woolies on. :e2bummed:

What kind of things would you want to see? How about ME! :D Seriously, there's not much else, except Saskatoon which is my favourite city. It's got some nice stores and a cute art gallery.
Biscuit AWAY!

ChimeraCreative

Last year my brother went coast to coast and he says he'd like to do it again next year. Adam's hoping to see more of the country too, so I'm thinking road trip. You're in the Saskatoon area, aren't ya? ^_^